Pages (3):    1 2 3
KRW   04-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Not that we still shouldn't contribute to this new thread but here is an old thread I recently read http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...#post49844

That's cool, but I hope no one makes the mistake of referencing centerfolds and then saying "Soft" was their favorite. Almost as bad as saying "The Wringer" wasn't twisted or it took me a month to read "A Day In The Life". Of course one could have feasted their eyes on "The Barrens" and listed on the their fingers the reasons for liking "The Tenth Toe". But I don't see how one could find "Don't Hurt Me" painless or that "Traps" was an escape for them.Wink
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-13-2010, 12:18 AM
fpw Wrote:"Soft" is being adapted for a comic book.

Ain't dat nice! Who's the artist?
Dave F   04-13-2010, 01:47 AM
So many to choose from, but Barrens, Recalled and Cuts were 3 that sprang to mind

The artist formally known as Britfan
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Britfan Wrote:So many to choose from, but Barrens, Recalled and Cuts were 3 that sprang to mind

A 3-sentence horror story:

Dr. Wilson picked up his favorite scalpel.
"Relax," he said. "This won't take long."
webby   04-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Sheesh, this is a tough question.

I guess "Interlude at Duane's" and "Aryans and Absinthe" are standouts for me but I can't think of a single one that I didn't like.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sourdoughs   04-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Why stop at one?

I'm an avid fly fisher and the short story "To Fill the Sea and Air" struck a chord with me that I really enjoyed - that the fish are playing the game as are we. Fun concept. Too bad I'll never get The Man out on a fishing trip - thanks for the story, though!

I also liked "Cuts" quite a bit, especially with the historical past behind it.

After all the Jack stories/novels I've read, the short "Do-gooder" was a great, concise example of what Jack is all about.

Depending on the artist, this could be a wicked-fun graphic novel! I'm excited to hear about it and see it.
fpw   04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Ain't dat nice! Who's the artist?
I don't know. The book is going to be coming from one of the better small presses. I hope they get a good artist. I haven't been happy with some of my short story adaptations over the years, but I don't have time to keep on top of things like this.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Brian   04-13-2010, 06:26 PM

Excellent.

There is no wise man without fault
Lisa   04-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Buckets. :p
Pages (3):    1 2 3