RepairmanJack.com Forums
Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story (/thread-3780.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story - The Mad American - 04-11-2010

After recently reading "Aftershock and Others" and rereading "Lipidleggin'" I started to wonder what everyones favorite short story by our favorite writer is.

A couple of mine are "Foet" and "Lipidleggin" because of the social commentary angle that they have. Really fitting for a lot of things today.

I also have become a big fan of "Itsy bitsy spider". I have an aversion to spiders and this story gave me a nightmare the night I read it. Alright, I was up way too late and had other stuff stressing me out at the time but I had a nightmare that one of the big old nastys was looking at me through my bedroom window.

I also really like "Demonsong" but maybe not for reasons that would seem obvious. I like it because it, to me shows a writing style so unlike the F. Paul Wilson that we read now. I like to think that we are seeing the evolution of FPW but I am sure it was more intentional on FPWs part than that.

Others?

Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story - t4terrific - 04-11-2010

"A Day in the Life" is my favorite fpw work yet.

Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story - Kenji - 04-12-2010

Recently I read "Recalled". Now it's my favorite one! Smile

Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story - cobalt - 04-12-2010

So many to choose from. I have to pick just one huh?

It used to be Tenants. Then it was Pelts...then A Day in the Life. Now it's Sex Slaves of the Dragon Tong.

Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story - The Mad American - 04-12-2010

cobalt79 Wrote:So many to choose from. I have to pick just one huh?

It used to be Tenants. Then it was Pelts...then A Day in the Life. Now it's Sex Slaves of the Dragon Tong.

Nah, doesn't just have to be one. I picked 4 and am not sure I could narrow it down any further.

Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story - The Mad American - 04-12-2010

Kenji Wrote:Recently I read "Recalled". Now it's my favorite one! Smile

I have not read that one yet Kenji. I am going shopping for the Matheson tribute though and soon will have it read.

Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-12-2010

The Mad American Wrote:After recently reading "Aftershock and Others" and rereading "Lipidleggin'" I started to wonder what everyones favorite short story by our favorite writer is.

A couple of mine are "Foet" and "Lipidleggin" because of the social commentary angle that they have. Really fitting for a lot of things today.

I also have become a big fan of "Itsy bitsy spider". I have an aversion to spiders and this story gave me a nightmare the night I read it. Alright, I was up way too late and had other stuff stressing me out at the time but I had a nightmare that one of the big old nastys was looking at me through my bedroom window.

I also really like "Demonsong" but maybe not for reasons that would seem obvious. I like it because it, to me shows a writing style so unlike the F. Paul Wilson that we read now. I like to think that we are seeing the evolution of FPW but I am sure it was more intentional on FPWs part than that.

Others?

I like OFFSHORE considerable.

Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story - Fenian1916 - 04-12-2010

Interlude at Duane's is my favorite

Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story - Kenji - 04-12-2010

The Mad American Wrote:I have not read that one yet Kenji. I am going shopping for the Matheson tribute though and soon will have it read.

Oh yeah! I highly recommend this to you. You'll get surprise.Wink Big Grin

Favorite F. Paul Wilson short story - Scott Miller - 04-12-2010

Not that we still shouldn't contribute to this new thread but here is an old thread I recently read http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showthread.php?p=49844#post49844