Pages (2):    1 2
saynomore   04-07-2010, 07:33 PM
PicardRex Wrote:My issue with this one is that it seems to make Freddy somewhat sympathetic. Now, I only have the previews to go by, but I get the feeling that they are going to try to take the approach of maybe he was wrongfully killed and is seeking righteous revenge. The original Freddy was an unrepentant bastard, who was a child killer/molester and truly evil, that to me was what made the character unique, Jason was a wronged handicapped kid and Michael was crazy, Freddy was just a sadistic bastard and there was no rationalizing it,(only using the first movies in each franchise as the later ones became parodies of themselves almost).

In my opinion it is sometimes much more interesting to just have them be what they are, no explanation required. Look what they did with the remake of Halloween, the original never explained why Michael was crazy, just that he was and that was where the horror came from, that anyone could just snap. But in the remake they went the typical way and said he came from a broken home and thats why he was a killer, for me it loses something when you lay it out like that. I hope I am wrong about thie new NOES.

That being said I will still see it, as I have seen the remakes of Halloween and F13th.

They tried to give Freddy a "history" in the later chapters, the parody parts; remember, Freddy was born of a raped nun? Maybe the new version will get back on track. I agree. Freddy was an unrepentant child molester to sought revenge against the parents who killed him. From the look of the trailers, the new version looks like a scene-for-scene remake with updated CGI. Hope they can capture that dream-like quality of the original.

AC
LolaRennt   04-08-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm not dying to just run out there and see the remake. I may wait and see what others have to say. I usually don't do that with movies, but I am hesitant to spend money on just another remake. It'd better be well done.

Why do I always do this to myself???
bones weep tedium   04-08-2010, 06:39 PM
I'd rather see a big budget sequel tha n a remake. At least that way you wouldn't have to sit through it already knowing how it ended.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
somevelvetmorning   04-09-2010, 02:39 PM
he looks like voldemort
bobkane   04-22-2010, 10:46 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I'd rather see a big budget sequel tha n a remake. At least that way you wouldn't have to sit through it already knowing how it ended.

they might change the end slightly like with the Jason remake
from the trailer it looks like it concentrates as well on the sleep depravation and how it will affect the characters mentally which i like that idea.
but i am not expecting miracles but like the new Freddy look, more burn victum esc
t4terrific   04-22-2010, 11:28 AM
I hope Jason shows up and cuts Freddy's damned head off again!
bobkane   04-23-2010, 04:30 AM
well the friday the 13th sequel has been canned so that would be wicked, Big Grin
This post was last modified: 04-23-2010, 04:30 AM by bobkane.
GeraldRice   04-23-2010, 04:11 PM
bobkane Wrote:well the friday the 13th sequel has been canned so that would be wicked, Big Grin

Other than that one kill with the [SPOILER]girl [/SPOILER]in the [SPOILER]sleeping bag [/SPOILER]it really wasn't that good.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Alvin Fox   05-06-2010, 01:34 AM
*sigh* I spent the whole time in the theater bashing the movie. As much as I love the series I can't find any reason to tell anyone to see this. I know they wanted it to be a serious Kreuger like in the first movie and not the slapstick Kreuger that the series had turned into. But there were a couple instances of dark humor.

Nancy: Fuck you!
Freddy: That sounds like fun.

No one really needs to see this. Now, Piranha 3D... that has Christopher Lloyd sounding like Doc Brown.
saynomore   05-06-2010, 02:39 AM
saynomore Wrote:They tried to give Freddy a "history" in the later chapters, the parody parts; remember, Freddy was born of a raped nun? Maybe the new version will get back on track. I agree. Freddy was an unrepentant child molester to sought revenge against the parents who killed him. From the look of the trailers, the new version looks like a scene-for-scene remake with updated CGI. Hope they can capture that dream-like quality of the original.

AC

Terrible, terrible, terrible. According to Jack Earle Haley, the new Freddy and Watchmen's Rorschach, the new Nightmare would be like the original in scares, avoiding the "quipping" Freddy of the latter chapters.

Well....

It's not scary, and Freddy's still as sarcastic as ever, bad puns and all.

Rent this. I wish I could say to fast-forward to the scary parts, but there aren't any. Good movie to double-feature with the Halloween remake.

AC
Pages (2):    1 2