RepairmanJack.com Forums
The New Freddy - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The New Freddy (/thread-3771.html)

Pages: 1 2

The New Freddy - GeraldRice - 04-06-2010

Just saw a clear pic and he is NOT pretty (which is a good thing). The make-up almost makes my stomach churn. This movie better NOT suck.

[Image: dblaoz.jpg]

The New Freddy - Sigokat - 04-06-2010

saw a commercial for this last night on TV. I'm hoping it'll be as awesome as it looks.

The New Freddy - ccosborne3 - 04-06-2010

Yikes, they got the eyes right. Of all the afflictions that could ever be laid on you the 90% 3rd degree burn coverage is the worst. I liked the Nightmare series up to Dream Warriors but I may take a pass on it this time around. A little too realistic for my liking.

The New Freddy - GeraldRice - 04-06-2010

I'd heard they studied real burn victims to recreat the effect in make-up, but this is almost too much.

The New Freddy - ccosborne3 - 04-06-2010

GeraldRice Wrote:I'd heard they studied real burn victims to recreat the effect in make-up, but this is almost too much.

Maybe they can waft the smell of burning meat into the theater to begin the second reel.

The New Freddy - cobalt - 04-06-2010

Sorry...not damaged enough. He has a nose...ears...lips.

The New Freddy - Peter - 04-06-2010

Oh Cobalt, you sound just like my daughter Laura, the nurse. How the hell you do it is beyond me.

Being brighter, as a rule of thumb, sequels ALWAYS suck.

The New Freddy - t4terrific - 04-06-2010

I hope this one is better than the original. I hope this one is...good.

The New Freddy - saynomore - 04-07-2010

The original Nightmare was good, like a bad dream. Then it became the Freddy show, like the Jason show, and the Michael show. Saw them all, but the first Nightmare was a good movie, before it became a franchise.

AC

P.S. I'll see the new one, but not getting my hopes up after the sad, sad Halloween remakes.

The New Freddy - PicardRex - 04-07-2010

My issue with this one is that it seems to make Freddy somewhat sympathetic. Now, I only have the previews to go by, but I get the feeling that they are going to try to take the approach of maybe he was wrongfully killed and is seeking righteous revenge. The original Freddy was an unrepentant bastard, who was a child killer/molester and truly evil, that to me was what made the character unique, Jason was a wronged handicapped kid and Michael was crazy, Freddy was just a sadistic bastard and there was no rationalizing it,(only using the first movies in each franchise as the later ones became parodies of themselves almost).

In my opinion it is sometimes much more interesting to just have them be what they are, no explanation required. Look what they did with the remake of Halloween, the original never explained why Michael was crazy, just that he was and that was where the horror came from, that anyone could just snap. But in the remake they went the typical way and said he came from a broken home and thats why he was a killer, for me it loses something when you lay it out like that. I hope I am wrong about thie new NOES.

That being said I will still see it, as I have seen the remakes of Halloween and F13th.