MrBlonde   11-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Hello all I am new to the board and a huge fan of Repairman Jack. I usually never register for anything on the Internet, I like to live off the grid like Jack. I had to register to take a swing at the Title Help thread though and figure I would ask a question while I am here. Is Julio's based off of any real bar? I travel to NY sometimes I want to sit at Jack's table.

Thanks in advance,
Blonde
Brian   11-18-2009, 06:59 PM
I thought I read on here that Julio's was based on a bar on the west side of Manhattan. Look for the dead plants in the window. Big Grin

Welcome to the board MrBlonde.

There is no wise man without fault
fpw   11-18-2009, 07:57 PM
MrBlonde Wrote:Hello all I am new to the board and a huge fan of Repairman Jack. I usually never register for anything on the Internet, I like to live off the grid like Jack. I had to register to take a swing at the Title Help thread though and figure I would ask a question while I am here. Is Julio's based off of any real bar? I travel to NY sometimes I want to sit at Jack's table.

Thanks in advance,
Blonde

Sorry. You can't get there from here. I saw an out-of-business bar with plants left in the window; they were dead, naturally. But I thought it would be a cool effect in a horror-themed bar. The image stuck with me and popped out when I was describing Julio's.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
MrBlonde   11-18-2009, 10:20 PM
fpw Wrote:
Sorry. You can't get there from here. I saw an out-of-business bar with plants left in the window; they were dead, naturally. But I thought it would be a cool effect in a horror-themed bar. The image stuck with me and popped out when I was describing Julio's.

I guess that is okay, Julio probably wouldn't let me sit there anyway.
Irishkkc 2.0   11-18-2009, 10:29 PM
MrBlonde Wrote:I guess that is okay, Julio probably wouldn't let me sit there anyway.

I think Julio would let you sit there. God knows that if he denied you, you just might cut his ear off.
KRW   11-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Irishkkc 2.0 Wrote:I think Julio would let you sit there. God knows that if he denied you, you just might cut his ear off.
A "Reservoir Dogs" reference. Nice!
MrBlonde   11-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Irishkkc 2.0 Wrote:I think Julio would let you sit there. God knows that if he denied you, you just might cut his ear off.
I guess it all depends on if Julio has "Stuck in the Middle with you" on the jukebox.
cobalt   11-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Hello MrBlonde...welcome aboard. :hello:

EWMAN
Legion   11-19-2009, 04:35 AM
fpw Wrote:

Yet somehow Lindner always finds his way there anywaysBig Grin

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Legion Wrote:Yet somehow Lindner always finds his way there anywaysBig Grin

It's like a Prohibition speakeasy, Steve--you have to know the secret knock.Wink:pBig Grin