RepairmanJack.com Forums
Julio's - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Julio's (/thread-3618.html)

Julio's - MrBlonde - 11-18-2009

Hello all I am new to the board and a huge fan of Repairman Jack. I usually never register for anything on the Internet, I like to live off the grid like Jack. I had to register to take a swing at the Title Help thread though and figure I would ask a question while I am here. Is Julio's based off of any real bar? I travel to NY sometimes I want to sit at Jack's table.

Thanks in advance,
Blonde

Julio's - Brian - 11-18-2009

I thought I read on here that Julio's was based on a bar on the west side of Manhattan. Look for the dead plants in the window. Big Grin

Welcome to the board MrBlonde.

Julio's - fpw - 11-18-2009

MrBlonde Wrote:Hello all I am new to the board and a huge fan of Repairman Jack. I usually never register for anything on the Internet, I like to live off the grid like Jack. I had to register to take a swing at the Title Help thread though and figure I would ask a question while I am here. Is Julio's based off of any real bar? I travel to NY sometimes I want to sit at Jack's table.

Thanks in advance,
Blonde

Sorry. You can't get there from here. I saw an out-of-business bar with plants left in the window; they were dead, naturally. But I thought it would be a cool effect in a horror-themed bar. The image stuck with me and popped out when I was describing Julio's.

Julio's - MrBlonde - 11-18-2009

fpw Wrote:
Sorry. You can't get there from here. I saw an out-of-business bar with plants left in the window; they were dead, naturally. But I thought it would be a cool effect in a horror-themed bar. The image stuck with me and popped out when I was describing Julio's.

I guess that is okay, Julio probably wouldn't let me sit there anyway.

Julio's - Irishkkc 2.0 - 11-18-2009

MrBlonde Wrote:I guess that is okay, Julio probably wouldn't let me sit there anyway.

I think Julio would let you sit there. God knows that if he denied you, you just might cut his ear off.

Julio's - KRW - 11-18-2009

Irishkkc 2.0 Wrote:I think Julio would let you sit there. God knows that if he denied you, you just might cut his ear off.
A "Reservoir Dogs" reference. Nice!

Julio's - MrBlonde - 11-19-2009

Irishkkc 2.0 Wrote:I think Julio would let you sit there. God knows that if he denied you, you just might cut his ear off.
I guess it all depends on if Julio has "Stuck in the Middle with you" on the jukebox.

Julio's - cobalt - 11-19-2009

Hello MrBlonde...welcome aboard. :hello:

Julio's - Legion - 11-19-2009

fpw Wrote:

Yet somehow Lindner always finds his way there anywaysBig Grin

Julio's - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 11-19-2009

Legion Wrote:Yet somehow Lindner always finds his way there anywaysBig Grin

It's like a Prohibition speakeasy, Steve--you have to know the secret knock.Wink:pBig Grin