Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8   
Wapitikev   09-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Welcome, Patrice. You'll like it here.

Patrice Wrote:First time i´ve heard of reynolds playing jack i though good idea but know after wolverine and the other movies he played during the time i think another actor should play the man you call when there is something to fix.

Agreed.

Patrice Wrote:Maybe Renner is good choice! Think he´s much better then reynolds (did he really signs up for nolans batman III).

Last time I checked, Chris Nolan hasn't committed to directing B3, so any casting commitments can only be rumours.

Reynolds signed up for Green Lantern, so he won't be appearing in B3 unless it's called Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Renner has a better chance of playing Mad Max at this point than any role in B3.

Besides...he's too old for Jack (he's the same age as Nathan Fillion):

Wapitikev Wrote:Thomas Jane:40
Nathan Fillion: 38
Jack in the Tomb: 35

Thomas Jane's age when (optimistically) filming begins: 42
Nathan Filion's age when (optimistically) filming begins: 40
Jack in the Tomb: 35

Thomas Jane's age after (optimistically) filming Jack sequels for 10 years: 52
Nathan Fillion's age after (optimistically) filming Jack sequels for 10 years: 50
Jack's age in Nightwolrd: 38

Ability to suspend disbelief that a 50 year old guy is 38?

FAIL.

The Jack we choose today to star in the Tomb and it's sequels, in order to pass for 38 in 12 years from now, HAS to be between 29 and 33 TODAY. When Nightworld is filmed 15 years from now they would be 41-46 playing 38.

THAT, I could suspend disbelief on.

Otherwise Jack becomes a revolving door of actors...and we all know how well that worked out with a certain 007 character.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Wapitikev   09-04-2009, 01:37 AM
And the boys from Relativity appear to be looking for international box office appeal...the Hurt Locker made only 12.3 million (barely enough to cover its budget) and only about $615,000 of that was outside the US, so Renner does NOT qualify as a draw overseas, based on his most recent movie.

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
GWB   09-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Fine. He was too big.

Get Jensen Ackles from Supernatural.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0010075/

The Ronald Reagan Memorial National Debt Project is dedicated to giving the Great Communicator credit for the enduring legacy of his Presidency. We favor honoring his vast contribution to our society by naming the national debt after him -- the Ronald Reagan Memorial National Debt. For generations to come, when people think of the national debt, they'll think of Ronald Reagan.
Patrice   09-14-2009, 05:34 AM
On the weekend i saw 2 of the bourne films on dvd.
Matt Damon as Jack would be a good choice too.
But maybe Matt is too popular (too expensive??) to play jacko.
GWB   09-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Patrice Wrote:On the weekend i saw 2 of the bourne films on dvd.
Matt Damon as Jack would be a good choice too.
But maybe Matt is too popular (too expensive??) to play jacko.
And Damon IS Jason Bourne. Jack needs his own actor.

ImDeranged Wrote:If only they made the first movie in 1984 after the first book came out. We would've seen Reynolds playing Jack... with Dom playing Abe Wink[Image: amd_reynolds_deluise.jpg]
Brilliant in it's absurdity.

The Ronald Reagan Memorial National Debt Project is dedicated to giving the Great Communicator credit for the enduring legacy of his Presidency. We favor honoring his vast contribution to our society by naming the national debt after him -- the Ronald Reagan Memorial National Debt. For generations to come, when people think of the national debt, they'll think of Ronald Reagan.
rickenwolf   11-07-2009, 03:57 AM
He is about the right height and temperament for Jack. You can use his brother as Tom and Martin Sheen can be the dad. Sister can be Joely Fisher
How does that sound. Just spit balling!
Sam   11-20-2009, 02:53 PM
I've had someone in mind for a while now but reluctant to say who for fear of ridicule. Smile So, what the hell... Joshua Jackson. I don't know his international popularity but with the fan base of "Fringe" I would imagine he might have a little clout. I've just always thought that he has a quiet, confident demeanor much like Jack, and he's a normal looking fellow. His range as an actor? No idea.

Hate to see RR go.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Tony H   11-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Sam Wrote:I've had someone in mind for a while now but reluctant to say who for fear of ridicule. Smile So, what the hell... Joshua Jackson. I don't know his international popularity but with the fan base of "Fringe" I would imagine he might have a little clout. I've just always thought that he has a quiet, confident demeanor much like Jack, and he's a normal looking fellow. His range as an actor? No idea.

Hate to see RR go.

Hmm...interesting. I never thought about him, but...not too bad. Solid acting chops. generic pale male looks. Not bad Sam...not bad at all.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
GeraldRice   11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Agree with Tony. Jack is supposed to be a guy you'd never see coming and... I never saw Joshua Jackson.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Wapitikev   11-25-2009, 03:57 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:Agree with Tony. Jack is supposed to be a guy you'd never see coming and... I never saw Joshua Jackson.
I've Meh-ed him in the past as a suggestion but his look is generic enough...his acting and his physique...still meh.

He's not exactly an action star and doesn't have the international appeal that Relativity is looking for.

I can't believe I'm bashing all the Canuck actors in favour of an Aussie!

-Wapitikev

Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8