Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 8   
Wapitikev   07-29-2009, 07:03 PM
So, those of you who read FPW's July 1st newsletter closely, saw this update on the movie...

Quote:"The same old tug of war between who can best play the part and who can fill the seats overseas. With P&A (prints and advertising - which can run more than the entire production budget) so expensive now, and DVD sales slumping, overseas box office is critical to a film's profitability."

So, it appears that the subject of another actor, other than Reynolds, for Jack has been under discussion by someone in that group for some time.

Reynolds is a virtual non-entity overseas.

After Terminator Salvation though, Sam Worthington (Australian) DOES have credit, globally.

The plot thickens!

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Noelie   07-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Someone get the time machine, we'll go back ~6 years or so, make the movie with Edward Norton, and call it a day.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Wapitikev   07-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Noelie Wrote:Someone get the time machine, we'll go back ~6 years or so, make the movie with Edward Norton, and call it a day.
This!

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 07-29-2009, 11:33 PM by Wapitikev.

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Noelie   07-29-2009, 11:28 PM
wapitikev Wrote:this!

-wapitikev
:d
Why does it do that sometimes? I was trying to make a Big Grin face and it screwed up everything, lol.

EWMAN, Jr.
Wapitikev   07-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Noelie Wrote::d
Why does it do that sometimes? I was trying to make a Big Grin face and it screwed up everything, lol.
...only go back 7 years so he'd be 23 and ready for all 15 sequels.

Hell, at one sequel a year, we'd be on Gateways this year and Crisscross next year.

By the time Ed was finished all 15, he'd be 48 playing 38...I could live with that...it's not the years its the miles and Jack has already put on some serious miles in 13 books

How freaking awesome would that have been?

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev   07-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:...only go back 7 years so he'd be 23 and ready for all 15 sequels.

Hell, at one sequel a year, we'd be on Gateways this year and Crisscross next year.

By the time Ed was finished all 15, he'd be 48 playing 38...I could live with that...it's not the years its the miles and Jack has already put on some serious miles in 13 books

How freaking awesome would that have been?

-Wapitikev
The same could be said for Nathan Fillion, Jeffrey Donovan, Josh Brolin and a heaping handful of others.

C'est lavie.

-Wapitikev

Noelie   07-29-2009, 11:48 PM
You're answering yourself now, Wap? LOL

EWMAN, Jr.
Wapitikev   07-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Noelie Wrote:You're answering yourself now, Wap? LOL
Well...the way things are going lately (with my Internet being so slow) I can't edit the previous post to add anything because "someone" will have already posted before I'm done...so I just post assuming that it will follow one that drops in ahead of me.

This time it just never happened.

Kinda like the RJ movie.

But I'm not bitter, that's the main thing.

-Wapitikev

Noelie   07-30-2009, 12:01 AM
"Someone", huh? LOL

Not being bitter is very, very important. You know, at this point, I actually might even like Nathan Fillion more than Ed Norton as Jack - not that it matters because they're both too old. :p

EWMAN, Jr.
Wapitikev   07-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Noelie Wrote:"Someone", huh? LOL

Not being bitter is very, very important. You know, at this point, I actually might even like Nathan Fillion more than Ed Norton as Jack - not that it matters because they're both too old. :p
This. Confusedad:

-Wapitikev

Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 8