Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8   
t4terrific   08-10-2009, 09:14 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:I think Ryan Reynolds is begining to get a bit too busy in order to be Jack anymore. He's Deadpool and The Green Lantern. The contracts that he signed for both of these probably has him commited to doing two trilogies if each preceeding movie makes enough to warrant a sequel.

In a Batman 3 aside- I'm hoping for Philip Seymour Hoffman as Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot. Not someone with a fanatical attraction to peguins though. Just a mob boss who always dresses in a tux and therefore goes by The Penguin.

You mean, no flippers?!Big Grin
Wapitikev   08-11-2009, 03:38 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:I think Ryan Reynolds is begining to get a bit too busy in order to be Jack anymore. He's Deadpool and The Green Lantern. The contracts that he signed for both of these probably has him commited to doing two trilogies if each preceeding movie makes enough to warrant a sequel.

In a Batman 3 aside- I'm hoping for Philip Seymour Hoffman as Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot. Not someone with a fanatical attraction to peguins though. Just a mob boss who always dresses in a tux and therefore goes by The Penguin.
Well, he'd make a great penguin...but I'd rather see him as Abe with Chris Nolan directing RJ1 than as Penguin in BB3 with Nolan directing.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
action frampton   08-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Personally I think Cam Gigandet would be perfect. He's coming up 28, so about the right age? Only Problem; have you ever heard of him?
Wapitikev   08-12-2009, 03:31 AM
action frampton Wrote:Personally I think Cam Gigandet would be perfect. He's coming up 28, so about the right age? Only Problem; have you ever heard of him?
Welcome, Action. You'll like it here.

Decent choice, but so would be his co-star in Never Back Down, Sean Faris. He's 27 and has the right hair and eye colour...but, once again,

Gigandet could get big, depending on how well Pandorum does.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
action frampton   08-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi Wapitikev,

Thanks for the welcome. I think Sean's good too, but he's maybe even less famous than Cam... I see him [Cam] as a younger Paul Walker; and I don't think thats a bad thing. Really hope he does well.

Jeremy Sisto I like too, but he's 35 now, and maybe slightly too commercial. I think Jack should be someone who'd make it his own character and put a lot of effort into that.

Repairman Jack the movie would be uber cool. I loved the book
Brantley65   09-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Just saw "Hurt Locker" and I think Jeremy Renner would be an excellent choice for RPJ. Not traditionally handsome and looks like an average guy but he has a fire in his eyes. I know personally that he has had proper weapons training and mindset training so that he could pull off the fight/gun fighting scenes with some realism.
cobalt   09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the board Brantley.
Who will play Jack is something we seem to debate with regularity. Just which actor will get the role....well, who knows. I just want to see the movie made and done well. Not much to ask...really.

EWMAN
Wapitikev   09-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Brantley65 Wrote:Just saw "Hurt Locker" and I think Jeremy Renner would be an excellent choice for RPJ. Not traditionally handsome and looks like an average guy but he has a fire in his eyes. I know personally that he has had proper weapons training and mindset training so that he could pull off the fight/gun fighting scenes with some realism.
Welcome, Brantley. You'll like it here.

Renner is a really good choice...he has a lot of qualities that the role requires. And he's the right height (5'10") and has the right hair and eye colour.

Unfortunately he's 38 this year and, in order to accommodate sequels, the actor who will be Jack should be between 29 and 33 this year in order to avoid a 50 year old Jack or a revolving door, James-Bond type situation.

Nathan Fillion suffers from the same affliction (too many summers).

-Wapitikev

t4terrific   09-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Welcome, Brantley. You'll like it here.

Renner is a really good choice...he has a lot of qualities that the role requires. And he's the right height (5'10") and has the right hair and eye colour.

Unfortunately he's 38 this year and, in order to accommodate sequels, the actor who will be Jack should be between 29 and 33 this year in order to avoid a 50 year old Jack or a revolving door, James-Bond type situation.

Nathan Fillion suffers from the same affliction (too many summers).

-Wapitikev

If Ahnuld could play Ben Richards (Running Man), then anyone could play Repairman Jack!Big Grin

Not Really, but don't get so hung up on the actor fitting fpw's description of Jack perfectly. I just hope for a good film, based on the books that I love. I'm not so worried about the little details. I just hope it's recognizable.
Patrice   09-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Maybe Renner is good choice! Think he´s much better then reynolds (did he really signs up for nolans batman III). First time i´ve heard of reynolds playing jack i though good idea but know after wolverine and the other movies he played during the time i think another actor should play the man you call when there is something to fix.
Pages (8):    1 4 5 6 7 8