Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
cobalt   06-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I can't guess who that might be.

:thumbsup:

Ken V.

Why? lol Big Grin

EWMAN
Ken Valentine   06-21-2009, 11:52 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Why? lol Big Grin
Why not?

Ken V.
cobalt   06-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Why not?

Ken V.
Because.

EWMAN
Drlazarus   06-22-2009, 10:08 AM
fpw Wrote:They send me the signature sheets which I usually sign while watching a ballgame (foot- or base-). Usually do a few hundred at a clip. Then they go to the bindery where they're bound into the books.

I pictured you having to go to a basement office somewhere and sign till you had a cramp. Your way sounds better.
Lysistrata   06-22-2009, 03:11 PM
I thought piles of books arrived, a big table was devoted to the task, with piles of "done" and "to be done"...

Trying to be nice
Silverfish   06-22-2009, 05:03 PM
I saw it too, back in February. Rolleyes Did it look like this?

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:...I saw the cover of the September edition...

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Wapitikev   06-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Silverfish Wrote:I saw it too, back in February. Rolleyes Did it look like this?
Hey, Steph.

Apparently, Mike is ,inadvertently, on a mission to upset every woman on the board today.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Drlazarus Wrote:I pictured you having to go to a basement office somewhere and sign till you had a cramp. Your way sounds better.

Drlazarus, Paul does it righteous. Others, maybe not so much. Back in the 70s, I was hired by a big name to sign his/her books. And yes, it was in a basement. I felt bad, but back then $5 an hour was nice coin. Plus, I met a girlfriend. We lived together for a year and a half. But then she left me to go to Liverpool to sign Beatles' albums.

Crazy bitch. She never got George's autograph right, anyway.
Drlazarus   06-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Drlazarus, Paul does it righteous. Others, maybe not so much. Back in the 70s, I was hired by a big name to sign his/her books. And yes, it was in a basement. I felt bad, but back then $5 an hour was nice coin. Plus, I met a girlfriend. We lived together for a year and a half. But then she left me to go to Liverpool to sign Beatles' albums.

Crazy bitch. She never got George's autograph right, anyway.

See that's why I don't like to buy stuff on E-Bay that says it's signed. I trust the FPW stuff, but the Stephen King stuff I always figure it's someone else.

At least you got a girlfriend out of it.
Ken Valentine   06-23-2009, 12:02 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Because.
I can accept that.

Ken V.
This post was last modified: 06-23-2009, 12:04 AM by Ken Valentine.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4