Pages (2): 1 2   
Lurid Jester   04-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Just saw a preview for a new made-for-tv movie on the Sci-Fi channel called "Carny". It showed brief flashes of a carnival that apparently has a real monster caged that eventually gets free, people reading about the Jersey Devil . After seeing it I immediately thought about the Last Rakosh story, and Rage. The IMDB page for it makes no mention of F.Paul Wilson or those stories... but the similarities, at least from what little I saw in the preview, seem too numerous to be a simple coincidence.

Carny

Just thought I'd drop that tidbit of info in case someone took some unwelcome liberties.

LJ Eden
fpw   04-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to TIVO it.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Sam   04-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Saw this preview tonight while watching my taped episode of this week's Ghost Hunters and was able to get a good look at the monster. It's... should I say this without a spoiler alert???......... well, just in case, it certainly isn't a Rakosh. But, there was a scene in which you see the profile of the monster and it does have somewhat of a shark snout/mouth and I think it also has 3 talons per hand, but I couldn't get a good view of that to be sure. I wonder about the possible similarities of the carnies, too. If this turns out to be some asswipe ripping off The Man where does the line start for this guy's butt kicking?

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Wapitikev   04-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Sam Wrote:Saw this preview tonight while watching my taped episode of this week's Ghost Hunters and was able to get a good look at the monster. It's... should I say this without a spoiler alert???......... well, just in case, it certainly isn't a Rakosh. But, there was a scene in which you see the profile of the monster and it does have somewhat of a shark snout/mouth and I think it also has 3 talons per hand, but I couldn't get a good view of that to be sure. I wonder about the possible similarities of the carnies, too. If this turns out to be some asswipe ripping off The Man where does the line start for this guy's butt kicking?
I suggest that his butt be kicked continuously until the Repairman Jack movie comes out. Boy will he/she be sore.

Let me know when you get tired. I'll take over while you rest.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Alvin Fox   04-24-2009, 04:17 AM
I'm remined of Dean Koontz's response to High Tension. The movie ripped off the first half of his novel Intensity. But the movie was pretty bloody and pretty bad. Koontz didn't want to do anything because he doesn't want his name associated with it. He won't even mention the name when talking about it. Seeing as Carny is a straight to tv movie I can't imagine that it's going to be all that great anyway.
Wapitikev   04-24-2009, 04:25 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:I'm remined of Dean Koontz's response to High Tension. The movie ripped off the first half of his novel Intensity. But the movie was pretty bloody and pretty bad. Koontz didn't want to do anything because he doesn't want his name associated with it. He won't even mention the name when talking about it. Seeing as Carny is a straight to tv movie I can't imagine that it's going to be all that great anyway.
There you go again, Al, taking all the fun out of things.

I was already polishing my steel toe workboots.

[pouts]

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Alvin Fox   04-24-2009, 06:22 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:There you go again, Al, taking all the fun out of things.

I was already polishing my steel toe workboots.

[pouts]

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Yeah, I tend to drain the life out of parties.

I just remembered something... This is for FPW, whatever became of Flyboys being similar to a script you (and Matt Costello?) had written?
Wapitikev   04-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Buzzkill, with insomnia...like me.

Welcome to my week.

-Wapitikev

cobalt   04-26-2009, 12:28 AM
We sorta watched Carny. Should have TiVo'ed it....then we could have ff thru alot of it.
[spoiler]Yeah it was suppose to be "the Jersey Devil"[/spoiler]...but it wasn't blue Big Grin....oh and it [spoiler]had wings and could fly.[/spoiler] It did have 3 claws though.
Some blood and gore. One memorable scene....when the Carny owner [spoiler]had his tongue cut out[/spoiler]...ick.

EWMAN
t4terrific   04-26-2009, 10:21 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:We sorta watched Carny. Should have TiVo'ed it....then we could have ff thru alot of it.
[spoiler]Yeah it was suppose to be "the Jersey Devil"[/spoiler]...but it wasn't blue Big Grin....oh and it [spoiler]had wings and could fly.[/spoiler] It did have 3 claws though.
Some blood and gore. One memorable scene....when the Carny owner [spoiler]had his tongue cut out[/spoiler]...ick.

I missed it. We went to the drive-in. Sounds like I was fortunate.
Pages (2): 1 2