Pages (12):    1 5 6 7 8 9 12   
pennywise969   07-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Well, Ryan Reynolds is playing Green Lantern. So if he was still their choice, I guess this means we will be waiting awhile. Between this and the now delayed Deadpool movie, that would mean 2 franchises that Reynolds is involved in. RJ would be 3. 3 seems like a bit much to me, but who am I? I think they should cast Rosie O'Donnell as Jack.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41662
Wapitikev   07-12-2009, 03:00 AM
beowulf Wrote:Well, we can solve this whole problem easy and cheap! I'm 33 y/o. 5'10" 185lbs. Brown hair/eyes and athletic build. And I'm from new Jersey (not saying that means anything!)

Sign me up!!! HA!
You are now officially in my TOP 3!

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Wapitikev   07-12-2009, 03:01 AM
pennywise969 Wrote:Well, Ryan Reynolds is playing Green Lantern. So if he was still their choice, I guess this means we will be waiting awhile. Between this and the now delayed Deadpool movie, that would mean 2 franchises that Reynolds is involved in. RJ would be 3. 3 seems like a bit much to me, but who am I? I think they should cast Rosie O'Donnell as Jack.

NO! ELLEN D would be a FAR better Jack!

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
t4terrific   07-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:NO! ELLEN D would be a FAR better Jack!

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Rosie? Ellen? A theme? Is RJ a lesbian trapped in a man's body?
Wapitikev   07-12-2009, 04:06 PM
t4terrific Wrote:Rosie? Ellen? A theme? Is RJ a lesbian trapped in a man's body?
I started typing replies to this about 6 different times.

In the end, I decided I'd get into a lot less trouble if I just said...

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Aprilis   07-13-2009, 12:35 AM
pennywise969 Wrote:Well, Ryan Reynolds is playing Green Lantern. So if he was still their choice, I guess this means we will be waiting awhile. Between this and the now delayed Deadpool movie, that would mean 2 franchises that Reynolds is involved in. RJ would be 3. 3 seems like a bit much to me, but who am I? I think they should cast Rosie O'Donnell as Jack.

Truthfully - I hope they do reconsider ... After seeing some of these romantic comedies RR has been in lately I dont like his voice. And a good voice to me is half the character. He reminds me of a blond Keanu Reeves - nice to look at ... best in rolls where there is little dialog.

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Wapitikev   07-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Aprilis Wrote:Truthfully - I hope they do reconsider ... After seeing some of these romantic comedies RR has been in lately I dont like his voice. And a good voice to me is half the character. He reminds me of a blond Keanu Reeves - nice to look at ... best in rolls where there is little dialog.
To some extent, I agree. His roles in The 9s and Chaos Theory while showing some promise, were not home-runs in the acting department.

Time to move on.

-Wapitikev

Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Gang, isn't it obvious by now? There will never be a Repairman Jack movie. I'm sorry as hell about that, but let's face it. The endless rewites, "who's gonna play Jack?", where's it gonna be filmed?, etc.

It just ain't gonna happen.
beowulf   07-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Gang, isn't it obvious by now? There will never be a Repairman Jack movie. I'm sorry as hell about that, but let's face it. The endless rewites, "who's gonna play Jack?", where's it gonna be filmed?, etc.

It just ain't gonna happen.

I respectfully disagree. It often takes movies years before they come to fruition. Especially now with all studios considering every movie to be a "franchise" opportunity. This is the nature of the film industry beast. But, with a unique and profitable property like RJ, you can be sure that we will see him on the big screen some day. I'm sure FPW is intent on ensuring that however he appears, it is the highest quality machination possible.

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
beowulf   07-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Secondly, I'd like to re-suggest Nathan Fillion, from Serenity fame, for the part of our favorite urban mercenary. I know its been said before.

I know Wapitikev will say he is too old, and i may agree, but I think he has the look AND the attitude.

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Pages (12):    1 5 6 7 8 9 12