Pages (12):    1 6 7 8 9 10 12   
Ken Valentine   07-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Gang, isn't it obvious by now? There will never be a Repairman Jack movie. I'm sorry as hell about that, but let's face it. The endless rewites, "who's gonna play Jack?", where's it gonna be filmed?, etc.

It just ain't gonna happen.
Right!

And Rudi Julie Annie will win the election over Hillary Klinton by a squeaker.

We know the quality of your predictions.

The endless re-writes have been done, an actor has been selected, and locations have also been pretty much selected -- long ago.

Choosing a director and so on seem to be the stumbling blocks now.

Many movies have taken much longer to produce, so to positively say that it won't happen is just a bit premature.

Ken V.
Wapitikev   07-13-2009, 09:33 PM
beowulf Wrote:Secondly, I'd like to re-suggest Nathan Fillion, from Serenity fame, for the part of our favorite urban mercenary. I know its been said before.

I know Wapitikev will say he is too old, and i may agree, but I think he has the look AND the attitude.
I think Nathan Fillion would be a great Jack, 5 years ago.

He would even be a great Jack if filming commenced tomorrow and there were never going to be any sequels.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Aprilis   07-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Gang, isn't it obvious by now? There will never be a Repairman Jack movie. I'm sorry as hell about that, but let's face it. The endless rewites, "who's gonna play Jack?", where's it gonna be filmed?, etc.

It just ain't gonna happen.

It's gonna happen because we are all gonna pool our money and start our own production company etc and get it made ....

and one of these days we're gonna be so sick of talking about that we will actually do it.
Smile

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
jmez87   07-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Im in! I got ...let me check...aha! Here we go! 5 dollars!

C.Jimenez
Wapitikev   07-15-2009, 03:16 AM
Aprilis Wrote:It's gonna happen because we are all gonna pool our money and start our own production company etc and get it made ....

and one of these days we're gonna be so sick of talking about that we will actually do it.
Smile
PersephonesLove just offered to film it with her home video recorder (on another thread)...so between Marc (who I'm sure we could rope in if FPW said it was ok) and Seph, the first and second unit directors are all set!

Beowulf...where's your IMDB resume...casting has begun and we need to short-list for Jack!

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
saynomore   07-15-2009, 04:51 AM
According to Comic Book Guy (we all got one in our neighborhood), at the San Diego Comic Con, the movie Deadpool was put on hold by Ryan Reynolds because the Green Lantern role he was holding out for was greenlighted. So, the main topic was whether RR would finish his Deadpool commitment before starting Green Lantern or go with GL and skip Deadpool altogether (rumor has it that because Gambit has got the greenlight for a feature film that Gambit might steal Deadpool's thunder); whereas, GL and Gambit do not compete for the same fans. When I threw into the mix the Beacon/RJ/RR story, Comic Book Guy said that that was not even discussed as an option at the SD Con. When I mentioned that Beacon was waiting to see how The Proposal did before moving forward with the RJ project, he said that the same thing was said about the GL project. So, we both shrugged, I paid for my comics (Tales Designed to Thrizzle Vol. One, and Captain Trips Graphic Novel), and went to work.

So, I saw The Proposal. It did above average money-wise, but it was Sandra Bullock's movie; RR didn't add much to the movie, so I don't see how anyone could measure which role RR is going to take based on this movie. But things don't sound too good for RJ--especially when Comic Book Guy doesn't know the haps on our main Man.

AC
Silverfish   07-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Does anyone remember that thread two or three years back, where everyone picked what part they were going to play and we were going to film the movie ourselves in Central Park? I can't find this thread, but I wanted to bring it up as an idea that is still do-able.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
beowulf   07-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:PersephonesLove just offered to film it with her home video recorder (on another thread)...so between Marc (who I'm sure we could rope in if FPW said it was ok) and Seph, the first and second unit directors are all set!

Beowulf...where's your IMDB resume...casting has begun and we need to short-list for Jack!

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Damn it! I'm gonna have to get one of those! Would a shoddy myspace page suffice?

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
fpw   07-15-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm at the point now whee I doubt the movie's ever going to happen. Things are in the works that I can't talk about, but I have little hope they're going to pan out.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
beowulf   07-15-2009, 11:04 PM
fpw Wrote:I'm at the point now whee I doubt the movie's ever going to happen. Things are in the works that I can't talk about, but I have little hope they're going to pan out.

Whose door needs to be knocked on...?

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Pages (12):    1 6 7 8 9 10 12