Pages (2):    1 2
Brian   03-03-2009, 11:43 PM
lexator222 Wrote:But wasn't Mauricio a monkey? It's been a while since I read that one, but I got the clear impression of a monkey.

Lexx

That's what I thought as well. It was a monkey, wasn't it?

There is no wise man without fault
KRW   03-04-2009, 02:07 AM
lexator222 Wrote:But wasn't Mauricio a monkey? It's been a while since I read that one, but I got the clear impression of a monkey.

Lexx

That was no monkey that attacked Jack. It was as big ... as say a rotweiler (apperantly I have no clue how to spell rotweiler, but neither does my spell check!!!)?

All kidding aside, read the part about Jack getting attacked in "Conspiracies" again and tell me it was a monkey..Smile
Wapitikev   03-04-2009, 02:15 AM
KRW Wrote:That was no monkey that attacked Jack. It was as big ... as say a rotweiler (apperantly I have no clue how to spell rotweiler, but neither does my spell check!!!)?

All kidding aside, read the part about Jack getting attacked in "Conspiracies" again and tell me it was a monkey..Smile
Mauricio showed his true form in the steam tunnel, below the hotel...when the Otherness prevented him from killing Jack...that is what Ken is referring to gang.

Yes, the two creatres seem scarily close.

As far as "Pelts" goes, I am about 1/2 way through Barrens & Others, so not having read it yet, the "OMFG that's cool" moment has not happened yet.

Although I just finished The POzymandiasTC&OE and there are a number of those moments included therein. Particularly the part about another of the 7 infernals.

Heh.

Go buy it.

NOW!

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 03-04-2009, 02:18 AM by Wapitikev.

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
KRW   03-04-2009, 02:22 AM
fpw Wrote:Hey...you're right. If I'd thought of it a the time, I could have connected the two.

The idea was not originally on my part. I believe Lisa was the first to put the idea in my head. Smile
Wapitikev   03-04-2009, 02:25 AM
KRW Wrote:Thanks Kev! ...I was looking for discussion about the entire book...
I just re-read it as well...I totally forgot the whole discussion about the "Witch of the Pines" having her head cut off and Mrs. Clevenger always wearing a scarf. That was a masterful, YA touch by FPW.

I can hardly wait until November when I can dig into Secret Circles.

...and in re-reading old threads about Secret Histories I was overjoyed to hear that Weezy could, maybe, possibly, re-appear in Jack's current timeline.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
KRW   03-04-2009, 02:28 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:I just re-read it as well...I totally forgot the whole discussion about the "Witch of the Pines" having her head cut off and Mrs. Clevenger always wearing a scarf. That was a masterful, YA touch by FPW.

I can hardly wait until November when I can dig into Secret Circles.

...and in re-reading old threads about Secret Histories I was overjoyed to hear that Weezy could maybe, possibly, re-appear in Jack's current timeline.

-Wapitikev

She's got to! Jack's got to show her the "Compendium", even if it's on her deathbed....(she was right!!!!)
fpw   03-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:I can hardly wait until November when I can dig into Secret Circles.
Gonna be February, I'm afraid. Delays in restructuring Secret Circles pushed it into the winter season. So they're going to release Secret Histories in January to tempt mass market readers into springing for the hardcover the following month. (Of course, the Gauntlet edition will be out later this year.)
This post was last modified: 03-04-2009, 09:19 AM by fpw.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
RichE   03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
fpw Wrote:Gonna be February, I'm afraid. Delays in restructuring Secret Circles pushed it into the winter season. So they're going to release Secret Histories in January to tempt mass market readers into springing for the hardcover the following month. (Of course, the Gauntlet edition will be out later this year.)

I think it would pull the rug out on us all if Weezy show's up alright...with a dog! Even though, doesn't mean...or does it??????
Wapitikev   03-05-2009, 01:41 AM
RichE Wrote:I think it would pull the rug out on us all if Weezy show's up alright...with a dog! Even though, doesn't mean...or does it??????
Cool.

-Wapitikev

Pages (2):    1 2