RepairmanJack.com Forums
Jack: Secret Histories - SPOILERS!!! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Jack: Secret Histories - SPOILERS!!! (/thread-3328.html)

Pages: 1 2

Jack: Secret Histories - SPOILERS!!! - KRW - 03-02-2009

Forgive me if my talents in searching are inadequate, but I've searched through the forum and didn't find anything regarding the ritual murder in S.H. I was wondering if anyone else noticed that by cutting the arms off at the elbows and sewing them onto the armpits, that makes a four armed figure..... like a kicker man?Wink

Jack: Secret Histories - SPOILERS!!! - Wapitikev - 03-03-2009

KRW Wrote:Forgive me if my talents in searching are inadequate, but I've searched through the forum and didn't find anything regarding the ritual murder in S.H. I was wondering if anyone else noticed that by cutting the arms off at the elbows and sewing them onto the armpits, that makes a four armed figure..... like a kicker man?Wink
It was mentioned in passing in a thread in March 2008 by Joelfinkle, as you may have guessed, based on his quip to you in a recent thread.

The most I can find about it is in Barrymastiff's thread "Random Thoughts" from november of 2008. click here

It appears that yours is the first thread dedicated to it.

-Wapitikev

Jack: Secret Histories - SPOILERS!!! - KRW - 03-03-2009

Wapitikev Wrote:It was mentioned in passing in a thread in March 2008 by Joelfinkle, as you may have guessed, based on his quip to you in a recent thread.

The most I can find about it is in Barrymastiff's thread "Random Thoughts" from november of 2008. click here

-Wapitikev

Thanks Kev! That's exactly what I was looking for! I wasn't looking to start one solely on that one episode in the book, I was looking for discussion about the entire book. BTW, did you catch the "Traps" tie in? Too cool!

Wapitikev Wrote:It was mentioned in passing in a thread in March 2008 by Joelfinkle, as you may have guessed, based on his quip to you in a recent thread.

-Wapitikev
Anyone wanting an interesting discussion on the Q'qr should check out Lysis' thread Se7en (which is more about Paul's seven than it is about the movie by the same name).

Keep in mind, however, that FPW himself said that, "The Q'qr were retrofitted humans."

-Wapitikev

KRW Wrote:Thanks Kev! That's exactly what I was looking for! I wasn't looking to start one solely on that one episode in the book, I was looking for discussion about the entire book. BTW, did you catch the "Traps" tie in? Too cool!
I just read Traps for the first time about 3 weeks ago...didn't catch the tie in...was it the number of limbs that the creature had?

I thought the Q'qr were extinct in this era.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev Wrote:I just read Traps for the first time about 3 weeks ago...didn't catch the tie in...was it the number of limbs that the creature had?

-Wapitikev
Ok, checked the end...the thing was "big as a rottweiler."

I pictured the Q'qr as bigger.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev Wrote:I just read Traps for the first time about 3 weeks ago...didn't catch the tie in...was it the number of limbs that the creature had?

-Wapitikev
I'm sorry, I meant "Pelts". My bad.

On page 182, when Jack and Weezy are helping Mrs. Clevenger (why Mrs, is she married?) set off the traps by the sponge, Mrs. Clevenger says "someday he may do harm to creatures that must not be touched. Should that happen, he will pay dearly."

Wapitikev Wrote:Ok, checked the end...the thing was "big as a rottweiler."

I pictured the Q'qr as bigger.

-Wapitikev

That creature reminded me more of Mauricio in "Conspiracies" than a Q'qr.Smile

Jack: Secret Histories - SPOILERS!!! - fpw - 03-03-2009

KRW Wrote:That creature reminded me more of Mauricio in "Conspiracies" than a Q'qr.Smile
Hey...you're right. If I'd thought of it a the time, I could have connected the two.

Jack: Secret Histories - SPOILERS!!! - lexator222 - 03-03-2009

But wasn't Mauricio a monkey? It's been a while since I read that one, but I got the clear impression of a monkey.

Lexx