Pages (12):    1 6 7 8 9 10 12   
linusvanpelt   04-25-2009, 07:48 AM
The reality is that the Towers are gone along with many
Innocent souls.
( very disturbing thread. Reality Sucks)
Linus

Linus
KRW   04-26-2009, 10:55 PM
linusvanpelt Wrote:The reality is that the Towers are gone along with many
Innocent souls.
( very disturbing thread. Reality Sucks)
Linus

What I posted was "reality" also. Facts are facts.
linusvanpelt   04-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Your facts are correct as far as I know. I did a security installation for someone who worked many years on the Towers. I also know people who are working on the subway area below and they are coming up with respitory problems. Its not over yet.

Linus

Linus
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Legion Wrote:You're worse than a drug dealer at times, ya know that? Here's a lil' taste on the house. Too bad its addictive as hell and we'll all be going through withdrawl for the next year.

That said, friggin awesome! But aren't you afraid its gonna catch flak by the reviewers for being too controversial?

Myself, I agree with the conspiracy theorists. They went down too fast in too much of an orderly fashion, not to mention the whole jet fuel thing is ridiculous.

Well, Steve, back in my day, the phrase was, "The first one's free. The second's on me. After that, you're on your own."

But remember the jet fuel fire wasn't the only thing that burned. There were uncounted tons of very flammable paper that fed the blaze.
Ken Valentine   04-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, Steve, back in my day, the phrase was, "The first one's free. The second's on me. After that, you're on your own."

But remember the jet fuel fire wasn't the only thing that burned. There were uncounted tons of very flammable paper that fed the blaze.
Paper burns at 451 degrees Farenheit. It takes around 1,400 degrees to soften structural steel. And the steel has to become thoroughly heated before it softens. That won't happen in ten or fifteen minutes with something which burns at a thousand degrees less than what the steel requires.

(And that's just to soften steel . . . not to melt it.)

Ken V.
Wapitikev   04-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Paper burns at 451 degrees Farenheit. It takes around 1,400 degrees to soften structural steel. And the steel has to become thoroughly heated before it softens. That won't happen in ten or fifteen minutes with something which burns at a thousand degrees less than what the steel requires.

Ken V.
Gotta go with Ken on this one.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
KRW   04-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Paper burns at 451 degrees Farenheit.
My bar-b-q grill gets hotter than that and it isn't compromised. I doubt it's made out of 20 gauge.

Ken Valentine Wrote:It takes around 1,400 degrees to soften structural steel. And the steel has to become thoroughly heated before it softens. That won't happen in ten or fifteen minutes with something which burns at a thousand degrees less than what the steel requires.

Ken V.
I still can't think of a reason for the molten metal that was discovered under the debris pile. :confused:
Ken Valentine   04-27-2009, 10:12 PM
KRW Wrote:My bar-b-q grill gets hotter than that and it isn't compromised. I doubt it's made out of 20 gauge.
Charcoal burns a hell-of-a-lot hotter than paper -- or jet fuel for that matter. So does propane.
Quote:I still can't think of a reason for the molten metal that was discovered under the debris pile. :confused:
I've recently heard that traces of Thermite were found in that debris pile.

Ken V.
KRW   04-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Charcoal burns a hell-of-a-lot hotter than paper -- or jet fuel for that matter. So does propane.
I've recently heard that traces of Thermite were found in that debris pile.

Ken V.
You heard right. It's probably the same samples they used to prove that the area was rife with asbestos (and didn't tell anyone) at the time it happened, but I'm not sure. And I do hope people consider the fact that building 7 wasn't hit with a plane, it's fires were due to the tons of paper and other material Mike suggested earlier. Yet, it fell also, later that same day.

As for the people that don't know what thermite is, it's an extremely hot mixture used in building demolitions. It can burn through an engine block in seconds, powerfull stuff.
Ken Valentine   04-27-2009, 11:10 PM
KRW Wrote:You heard right. It's probably the same samples they used to prove that the area was rife with asbestos (and didn't tell anyone) at the time it happened, but I'm not sure. And I do hope people consider the fact that building 7 wasn't hit with a plane, it's fires were due to the tons of paper and other material Mike suggested earlier. Yet, it fell also, later that same day.
I wonder what started the fire in building 7.

And you're right, there wasn't anything in building 7 that would burn hot enough to cause it to come down.

Quote:As for the people that don't know what thermite is, it's an extremely hot mixture used in building demolitions. It can burn through an engine block in seconds, powerfull stuff.
It's also used in some kinds of welding -- like the joints in railroad track rails. It burns at an extremely high temperature.

At any rate, I don't believe a word of the governments explanation of how the buildings came down. I've worked with metals for too many years to be taken in by their nonsense.

Ken V.
Pages (12):    1 6 7 8 9 10 12