Pages (12): 1 2 3 4 5 12   
fpw   10-30-2008, 08:03 AM
[SIZE="3"]You've been speculating. Just thought I'd give you a peek.[/SIZE]

Surreal, he thought as he watched the twin towers burn.

His rented boat rocked gently on the waters of New York harbor, a thousand feet off the Battery. The morning sun blazed in a flawless cerulean sky. But for the susurrus of the light breeze and the soft lapping of the waves against the hull, the world lay silent about him.

A beautiful, beautiful day . . .

. . . unless you were anywhere near those towers.

He tried to imagine the Pandemonium in the streets around them—the klaxons, the sirens, the shouts, the confusion, the terror. Not a hint of that here. The towers belched black smoke like a couple of chimneys, but all in silence.

He checked his watch: nearly ten o’clock. The plan was to allow an hour or so of chaos after the Arabs completed their mission. By then, though fear and terror would still be running high, the initial panic would have subsided. The situation would be considered horrific and tragic, but manageable. The second jet had hit at 9:03, so the hour mark was almost upon him. Time to initiate the second phase—the real reason for all this.

From a pocket of his windbreaker he pulled a pair of gray plastic boxes, each the size of a cigarette pack—one marked with an S for the south tower, the other with an N for the north. He put the N away for later. After all, the south tower was the important one, the reason for this enormous undertaking.

He extended an aerial from the S box, then slid up a little safety cover on its front panel, revealing a black button. He took a breath and pressed the button, then watched and waited.

The vast majority would blame the collapse on the crazy Arabs who hijacked the planes and the Islamic extremists who funded them—the obvious choice. A few would notice inconsistencies and point fingers elsewhere, blaming the government or Big Oil or some other powerful but faceless entity.

No one—absolutely no one—could guess the truth behind the who and the why of this day.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jack2021   10-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Should of never of read that, now I wanna know more. Sounds good so far whens this ones release date?
GeraldRice   10-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Do you buy into any of the conspiracy theories behind the twin towers?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
cobalt   10-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Wow, that brought me back....shiver......

EWMAN
Legion   10-30-2008, 10:26 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]You've been speculating. Just thought I'd give you a peek.[/SIZE]

Surreal, he thought as he watched the twin towers burn.

His rented boat rocked gently on the waters of New York harbor, a thousand feet off the Battery. The morning sun blazed in a flawless cerulean sky. But for the susurrus of the light breeze and the soft lapping of the waves against the hull, the world lay silent about him.

A beautiful, beautiful day . . .

. . . unless you were anywhere near those towers.

He tried to imagine the Pandemonium in the streets around them—the klaxons, the sirens, the shouts, the confusion, the terror. Not a hint of that here. The towers belched black smoke like a couple of chimneys, but all in silence.

He checked his watch: nearly ten o’clock. The plan was to allow an hour or so of chaos after the Arabs completed their mission. By then, though fear and terror would still be running high, the initial panic would have subsided. The situation would be considered horrific and tragic, but manageable. The second jet had hit at 9:03, so the hour mark was almost upon him. Time to initiate the second phase—the real reason for all this.

From a pocket of his windbreaker he pulled a pair of gray plastic boxes, each the size of a cigarette pack—one marked with an S for the south tower, the other with an N for the north. He put the N away for later. After all, the south tower was the important one, the reason for this enormous undertaking.

He extended an aerial from the S box, then slid up a little safety cover on its front panel, revealing a black button. He took a breath and pressed the button, then watched and waited.

The vast majority would blame the collapse on the crazy Arabs who hijacked the planes and the Islamic extremists who funded them—the obvious choice. A few would notice inconsistencies and point fingers elsewhere, blaming the government or Big Oil or some other powerful but faceless entity.

No one—absolutely no one—could guess the truth behind the who and the why of this day.

You're worse than a drug dealer at times, ya know that? Here's a lil' taste on the house. Too bad its addictive as hell and we'll all be going through withdrawl for the next year.

That said, friggin awesome! But aren't you afraid its gonna catch flak by the reviewers for being too controversial?

Myself, I agree with the conspiracy theorists. They went down too fast in too much of an orderly fashion, not to mention the whole jet fuel thing is ridiculous.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
fpw   10-30-2008, 11:13 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:Do you buy into any of the conspiracy theories behind the twin towers?
[SIZE="3"]
Some are head scratchers, some are lame. It's not so much buying into them as finding ones I can use.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
bones weep tedium   10-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Looks good, FPW.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Wapitikev   10-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Outstanding!

[and not just in a boat]

I cannot wait!

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Silverfish   10-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Sweet! I'm looking forward to this!

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Dirt Devil   10-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Sweet! Can't wait to read it! I am a little curious as to how the timing of this would work though. I think I remember reading something in BTS about the twin towers burning (dont know what page) and I was wondering how that would work in the next book. Is this a flashback to 9/11 and Ground Zero fleshes out everything after the fact?
Pages (12): 1 2 3 4 5 12