Pages (3):    1 2 3   
cobalt   11-01-2008, 11:02 AM
I keep telling myself to start re-reading the series. With winter setting in, now would be the time. Hmmm.....guess I know what I'll be doing later.....reading.

EWMAN
Legion   11-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Husband of Luthie2 Wrote:It has already been written, rewritten and rewritten. I don't think FPW has any problem with changing the possible ending we think is written. (IMHO) As evidinced by the begiining part for jack in the original NightWorld being reworked for the opening chapters of By the Sword

HOLY CRAP! That Rev. Jim quote is the one I always think of and use when somebody mentions Taxi! Awesome!

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Ken Valentine   11-01-2008, 11:49 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Only 2 months -- Ground Zero takes place in July. Book 14 will probably be in January of year zero and 15 (the last) will follow in April after the events of Reprisal.[/SIZE]
And NIGHTWORLD begins in May. (On somebody's birthday I think, but I can't remember whose.) Big Grin

Ken V.
Aahz   11-02-2008, 12:13 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Only 2 months -- Ground Zero takes place in July. Book 14 will probably be in January of year zero and 15 (the last) will follow in April after the events of Reprisal.[/SIZE]

Thanks for the clarification! I was a bit confused by the gaps (or lack of gaps?) on the "Works" page Smile
Don   11-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Do we already know the ending?

The baby, the sword, the Lady, Rasalom, the Ally and the Other, P. Frank Winslow....

Lots of pieces. I haven't read any version of Nightworld yet, so don't know what some of you do...but I have to wonder if Jack is actually going to replace the Ally's Paladin, or if Jack is the pivotal piece that could swing the "collection" in favor of either side. Obviously the Ally was trying to influence him, whereas Glaeken had no qualms about fighting for the Ally from the get-go; but Jack, with his oDNA and his personal morals, could just as easily spit in the Ally's eye.

And where exactly does the Lady fit in? Are there actually 3 "powers that be" vying for this tiny world in their collection?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-03-2008, 05:39 PM
robbb Wrote:Just finished reading "By The Sword" and noticed the timeline aka the Secret History of the World and the end. So since our civilization as we know it ends in year zero, doesn't that mean we know that Jack looses the battle?

And on a note regarding the way to the that ending: On the webpage F. Paul Wilson reckons there will be about 15 Jack books, in "By The Sword" that number has increased to 16 or 17. While i enjoy the Jack books a lot i really hope this isn't going to turn into an endless series of books with no ending in sight.

Why not???:confused:

But Paul's said, there will be GROUND ZERO, two more, and that's it.:nonod:
Husband of Luthie2   11-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Legion Wrote:HOLY CRAP! That Rev. Jim quote is the one I always think of and use when somebody mentions Taxi! Awesome!
THanks Legion.Taxi has always been and always will be one of my faves. and like you the reverend Jim quote perfectly somes up who Jim is. Doesn't hurt that my name is also Jim so it's a natural fit....Just ask my wife Luthie2.

Reverend Jim: What does the yellow light mean?
Bobby: Slow down , Jim.
Reverend Jim: ok.... Whaaaat Dooooes Thhhhe Yellloooow Light meeeaaan?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dave F   11-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Why not???:confused:

But Paul's said, there will be GROUND ZERO, two more, and that's it.:nonod:

Ground zero & one more BM

Ground zero is the penultimate book

Personally I would love to see some retro RJ books that focus on more mundane fixits (maybe with some small references to the main story lines)

That said, also really looking forward to what the man hisself comes up with next

Back to the first age, back to the future (you know what I mean) or something totally new

Don't forget we still have the young RJ series as well (2 more books there) assuming they are still on.

The artist formally known as Britfan
fpw   11-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Britfan Wrote:Ground zero & one more BM

Ground zero is the penultimate book

Don't forget we still have the young RJ series as well (2 more books there) assuming they are still on.

[SIZE="3"]No, Ground Zero is the pen-penultimate (my word) book. And yes, the RJ YAs are still on, otherwise I just finished a huge rewrite for nothing.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Dave F   11-07-2008, 10:32 PM
fpw Wrote:No, Ground Zero is the pen-penultimate (my word) book. And yes, the RJ YAs are still on, otherwise I just finished a huge rewrite for nothing.

Cool one more book than I expected!

I should read more carefully :o

The artist formally known as Britfan
Pages (3):    1 2 3