Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Dirt Devil   10-24-2008, 08:02 PM
I loved the decision that Jack was faced with when the Lady asked him to toss the sword away so that it does not fall into the wrong hands in BTS. In the past, the lady has asked Jack to not do many things (don't go in the house in Haunted Air, get rid of the Lillitongue in Infernal, etc...) and every time he has not listened and there have been some serious repercussions for Jack not heeding her words.

This in mind, by keeping this sword it can only spell disaster in the last few books leading up to Nightworld.

Who is the Lady and has she been around since the big R and Glaeken or even earlier? Could it be possible that she IS Srem? I don't really have any supporting arguments to this other than my gut feeling? Just wanted to get it out there and see if anyone else thinks this might be possible. Perhaps she was documenting everything that she has found on this planet that was Otherness or Ally created and ways to combat them? I'm not sure if there are any Ally inspired writings in the book, but I wouldn't doubt it. It seems to have everything, just like the Lady seems to know everything.

Also, is it possible that the sword was created not specifically for the Ally or the Otherness but truely intended for the Lady should the need arise? She feels it should not be in anyone's hands since she is not connected to Ally or Otherness?

Sorry if this is all over the place, but I'm really curious to know how the Lady fits into this story and why I thought the last few pages of the book with the sword decision will play an important part in completing the Jack saga.

Only thing depressing about finishing each book is that we have to wait another year to find out what happens. It's driving me crazy in the best way possible
Ken Valentine   10-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Dirt Devil Wrote:This in mind, by keeping this sword it can only spell disaster in the last few books leading up to Nightworld.
That's entirely possible. On the other hand, when the Nightworld events come to pass, Jack may very well have something to contribute when the time comes to reforge the original sword: the necklaces, the Dat Tay Vao, fragments from the sword in Rumania, and the Masamune Blade.

This would require another slight change in Nightworld, but there may be some additional changes anyway.

Ken V.
Lysistrata   10-26-2008, 04:15 AM
Dirt Devil Wrote:Who is the Lady and has she been around since the big R and Glaeken or even earlier? Could it be possible that she IS Srem? I don't really have any supporting arguments to this other than my gut feeling?

My feeling too! And I strongly suspect there is yet another outsider in the game: the Septimus Lodge, whose motives seem to be dark.

Trying to be nice
Legion   10-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:My feeling too! And I strongly suspect there is yet another outsider in the game: the Septimus Lodge, whose motives seem to be dark.

[SPOILER]Glaeken...er I mean Velieur, said Srem was a She. But the lady also said that it was more complex than the mother earth Idea. I guess it all depends on Srem's orgins since she is our mother in some unknown way[/SPOILER]

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
fpw   10-26-2008, 09:38 PM
[SIZE="3"]Really weird to be writing a book that explains most of this while you're speculating about it.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Ken Valentine   10-26-2008, 09:46 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Really weird to be writing a book that explains most of this while you're speculating about it.[/SIZE]
Kind of tells you that we will be eagerly looking forward to the next book, doesn't it? Big Grin

Ken V.
Lysistrata   10-26-2008, 10:17 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Really weird to be writing a book that explains most of this while you're speculating about it.[/SIZE]

Shall we learn who (or what?) The Lady is?

More on the Opus Dei?

Will an unheard of information be found in the Compendium?

Will the purplish blotch be explained?

Shall we know what are the Septimus Lodge (dark?) purposes?

Will the one (One?) become Seven again? Will Dawn's baby be instrumental to it? Despite Dawn's gentle nature? I so totally want to know...

Trying to be nice
Wapitikev   10-26-2008, 11:55 PM
fpw Wrote:Really weird to be writing a book that explains most of this while you're speculating about it.

The agony before the ecstasy!

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
wdg3rd   10-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Don't bug the man, he's got work to do. (I'm hoping that after he lays Jack to rest after a couple more books, he gets back to more stuff in the LaNague universe).

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Wapitikev   10-27-2008, 12:08 AM
wdg3rd Wrote:Don't bug the man, he's got work to do. (I'm hoping that after he lays Jack to rest after a couple more books, he gets back to more stuff in the LaNague universe).

I don't think we have anything to worry about...if threads like this derailed FPW he'd never have finished the last 10 Jack books. Wink

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Pages (3): 1 2 3