Pages (2): 1 2   
robbb   10-12-2008, 10:07 PM
If you haven't read Bloodline please don't read the rest of this post, it contains spoilers.

I just finished reading Bloodline and one thing i don't understand: Jack met the author of the Jake Fixx books and discovered the author dreamt everything that happened to Jake. And that was it, that story line just ended. Is that mystery going to be solved in later books? I can't believe someone as secretive as Jack just accepting someone else dreaming about his life without trying to find out how and why and if there is a way to stop it.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-12-2008, 10:11 PM
robbb Wrote:If you haven't read Bloodline please don't read the rest of this post, it contains spoilers.

I just finished reading Bloodline and one thing i don't understand: Jack met the author of the Jake Fixx books and discovered the author dreamt everything that happened to Jake. And that was it, that story line just ended. Is that mystery going to be solved in later books? I can't believe someone as secretive as Jack just accepting someone else dreaming about his life without trying to find out how and why and if there is a way to stop it.

Well, we don't know yet, Robbb. But I think it was maybe Paul having a leetle fun.

But I =can= tell yez, I never miss a Jake Fixx novel meself.

How about you?
Ken Valentine   10-12-2008, 10:16 PM
robbb Wrote:If you haven't read Bloodline please don't read the rest of this post, it contains spoilers.

On the other hand, Jack might not want to stop it. We'll just have to keep on reading.

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:On the other hand, Jack might not want to stop it. We'll just have to keep on reading.

Ken V.

Wilson or Winslow?
Ken Valentine   10-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Wilson or Winslow?
Yes.

Ken V.
Sev   11-23-2010, 11:37 AM
I agree that it's really creepy having someone write about your life nearly in real-time.

When will Jack realize that the 'omniscient author' stance could give him information about things he himself was not directly involved in? From a 'battlefield intelligence' (okay, more strategic maybe) standpoint this could be useful.

I wonder how far the Fixx stories could go? Does Fixx have a ghostly antagonist who uses anagrams?

I know that we're running out of time (one more to go!!), but if Jack declares war on all things Rasalom in 'The Dark at the End', he'll need all the info he can get.

Later,

Sev
Monquito   11-30-2010, 12:42 AM
The whole Jake Fixx thing is the one part of the series that just doesn't work for me. Way too "meta". Kinda like directors doing cameos in their own movies.

Well, that and the fact that Jack's name should be Cornelius
KRW   11-30-2010, 12:54 AM

The way I understand it, Winslow can't write anything about Jake Fixx untill it happens to Jack.

It's a given that Winslow is putting Jacks life in print, but it's only written after it happens. Personally, I think Winslow's' dreams are inspired by Jacks actions, and then put into print. I just don't see him as a prognosticator. More like a recorder.

At least that's my take.Cool
fpw   11-30-2010, 09:49 AM
I thought it would be kind of fun. If I were Alan Moore I'd probably have printed excerpts, and if this were an open-ended series, that might have happened. But I'm not that digressive.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
GeraldRice   11-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Wouldn't it be something if Winslow decided to 'take control' of the Jake Fixx character and create his own stories and that somehow influenced the goings on of Jack's life?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Pages (2): 1 2