Pages (2):    1 2
Tony H   09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I just saw Funny Games. I get the scene, but I still didn't like it. It actually makes sense if you take into account the conversation the two killers had near the end, but I still didn't like it.

I couldn't follow that conversation...it reminded me too much of the Architect's rambling in The Matrix Reloaded. In my defense I sort of zoned out after they [SPOILER]pushed Naiomi Watts out of the boat. [/SPOILER]

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
GeraldRice   09-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh yeah, that. It was so matter-of-fact I missed it. I was washing dishes, looked away and looked back up and figured [SPOILER]she was sitting on the other side of the boat[/SPOILER]. My wife was sitting on the couch and missed it. It was a true wait-a-minute moment and she rewound and we both saw it.

I think I enjoyed the movie more than I'm consciously willing to admit. It was unsettling and meant to be. I was unhappy with what happened and I was supposed to be. I think it's because it gives you such a feeling of impotence. But it was supposed to. So I liked it... right?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Sigokat   09-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Well I just finished watching Funny Games and I have to say, overall it was a very entertaining, yet disturbing film.

There were times when I felt Tim Roth's character knew more then he was letting on, but alas I was wrong in that aspect.

As for "that" scene, I watched the film in anticipation of some film altering scene, but I will say that I was NOT expecting that.

While at first I thought it detracted from the film, the conversation at the end on the boat does seem to tie into what happened in that scene.

Its not a movie I would recommend to just anybody, but someone with an appreciation for art. The averago joe looking for a no-brainer home invasion, "scary" movie will be sorely disappointed with this film, however someone with a more open mind should find it entertaining.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Sigokat   09-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Oh and Tim Roth...seriously...get a haircut.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
GeraldRice   09-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Agreed.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Pages (2):    1 2