Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Marc   09-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Pacal Wrote:Time to dig through boxes. I was thinking it might be around that time. By the way, Jack has a pretty big bone to pick w/ the Adversary. Are there additions/revisions coming for Nightworld?

The limited edition of Nightworld, currently available through Borderlands Press, is a revised and expanded edition that has some new material featuring Jack. This version hasn't been published in a mass market edition as Paul doesn't want it out in the mainstream until the Jack series is done. If memory serves that's another 3 or 4 books. Unless you want to plunk down $60+ you'll have to wait a few years yet.
fpw   09-04-2008, 01:34 PM
[SIZE="3"]We're looking at 2012 for the paperback of the revised Nightworld. I advise you to hold off until then -- until you've read the entire Adversary Cycle and the last (the 15th) Repairman Jack novel.[/SIZE].

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Tony H   09-04-2008, 03:19 PM
fpw Wrote:We're looking at 2012 for the paperback of the revised Nightworld. I advise you to hold off until then -- until you've read the entire Adversary Cycle and the last (the 15th) Repairman Jack novel..

aww shit...according to the deathclock I am going to die in 2011...way to go Paul...you just had to be all leisurly about things.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
fpw   09-04-2008, 03:29 PM
AsMoral Wrote:aww shit...according to the deathclock I am going to die in 2011...way to go Paul...you just had to be all leisurly about things.

[SIZE="3"]You'll just have to spring for the Borderlands edition I guess, Tony.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Libby   09-04-2008, 05:52 PM
fpw Wrote:We're looking at 2012 for the paperback of the revised Nightworld. I advise you to hold off until then -- until you've read the entire Adversary Cycle and the last (the 15th) Repairman Jack novel..

After which Jack book should I read Reprisal?

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Lysistrata   09-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Libby Wrote:After which Jack book should I read Reprisal?

You mean you have been able to understand Infernal WITHOUT having read Reprisal? :confused:

Trying to be nice
fpw   09-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Libby Wrote:After which Jack book should I read Reprisal?

[SIZE="3"]Ideally? After RJ #14, because #15 (the last) will follow close on the heels of Reprisal, followed immediately by Nightworld. [/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
Libby   09-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:You mean you have been able to understand Infernal WITHOUT having read Reprisal? :confused:

Sort of. I understand [SPOILER]that the thing was bad, and it was Otherness related, and in harbingers, I understood why Tom had to die and the "other" Tom
was able to trick the Lithotounge....[/SPOILER]
fpw Wrote:Ideally? After RJ #14, because #15 (the last) will follow close on the heels of Reprisal, followed immediately by Nightworld.

Thank you! That was helpful.Smile

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Lysistrata   09-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Libby Wrote:Sort of. I understand [SPOILER]that the thing was bad, and it was Otherness related, and in harbingers, I understood why Tom had to die and the "other" Tom
was able to trick the Lithotounge....[/SPOILER]

Now that I think of it, it was not Infernal... Big Grin

Trying to be nice
Libby   09-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:Now that I think of it, it was not Infernal... Big Grin

I got most of Harbingers, if that is what you mean I didn't get all of[SPOILER]The group that was devoted to the twins, but I picked up that they are in Reprisal[/SPOILER] Unless of course you mean BY the Sword or Bloodlines....

Pages (3):    1 2 3