Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Debby   08-27-2008, 11:53 PM
I am aware that there are 2 versions of Nightworld (origional and revised). Can someone tell me then what the Dark Harvest version is that I see on Abebooks selling for over $300.00.
Marc   08-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Debby Wrote:I am aware that there are 2 versions of Nightworld (origional and revised). Can someone tell me then what the Dark Harvest version is that I see on Abebooks selling for over $300.00.

That would be the original hardcover edition.
fpw   08-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Debby Wrote:I am aware that there are 2 versions of Nightworld (origional and revised). Can someone tell me then what the Dark Harvest version is that I see on Abebooks selling for over $300.00.

[SIZE="3"]Someone sent me a heads up for this: Nightworld is one of the 10 most sought-after books in the sf-f-h genres.[/SIZE]

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/007099.html

[SIZE="3"]At that price it's probably one of the lettered edition. [/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Marc   08-28-2008, 09:29 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Someone sent me a heads up for this: Nightworld is one of the 10 most sought-after books in the sf-f-h genres.[/SIZE]

Now I wish I hadn't given away my paperback edition. :p
jerrund   08-28-2008, 09:30 AM
That's interesting that Nightworld is the one book out of the Adversary Cycle that is on the list. Based on the prices they have been going for on eBay, I would have guessed that Reprisal would be up there - $20+ consistantly for the paperback version, not always in the best of shape (Note: the last Reprisal PB on ebay only sold for something like $12 or 13 but from the photo, it was in pretty rough condition).
Mike Hanson   08-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Interesting. I wonder what my author-autographed hardcopy
British edition of Nightworld is worth... Smile
fpw   08-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Mike Hanson Wrote:Interesting. I wonder what my author-autographed hardcopy
British edition of Nightworld is worth... Smile

[SIZE="3"]If it's got a price on the flap, it's the true world first edition. MAny people think the Dark Harvest Nightworld is the first edition (and it may even say so inside -- I'm not home so I can't check), but it's not. The NEL edition came out first. (But beware of the UK book club edition -- not so valuable).

Those savvy collectors who've downloaded the bibliography know this.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
t4terrific   08-29-2008, 05:32 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]If it's got a price on the flap, it's the true world first edition. MAny people think the Dark Harvest Nightworld is the first edition (and it may even say so inside -- I'm not home so I can't check), but it's not. The NEL edition came out first. (But beware of the UK book club edition -- not so valuable).

Those savvy collectors who've downloaded the bibliography know this.[/SIZE]

I have the NEL First Edition. (I hope to get it signed in Ft. Lauderdale.)

I am still shopping for the Dark Harvest Limited. It's the last potentially expensive FPW book I lack. A few years ago, I passed one up for $100. That appears to have been a mistake these days.

A little bragging now...

Today, at The Salvation Army store, I bought a 1976 first edition hard cover of Healer for $1.00. It looks terrific too. Sweet!!! I also added some hard cover 1sts to my Evanovich, Koonts, and Cussler collections for $10 and change. Nice...

The bibliography HAS been most helpful.
Mike Hanson   08-31-2008, 05:51 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]If it's got a price on the flap, it's the true world first edition. MAny people think the Dark Harvest Nightworld is the first edition (and it may even say so inside -- I'm not home so I can't check), but it's not. The NEL edition came out first. (But beware of the UK book club edition -- not so valuable). Those savvy collectors who've downloaded the bibliography know this.[/SIZE]

I've got the 1992 BCA Edition (by arrangement with Hodder
and Stoughton Ltd.), no price on the flap. But there is a bar
code on the bottom of the back of the dust jacket.

Though hardcover, its dimensions are not all that much
bigger than a pocket book, which I suppose makes it
"book club."

But all that matters to me is that it is signed "To Mike, GU #1"
with The Man's Script Sig.

Mike Smile
This post was last modified: 08-31-2008, 06:02 PM by Mike Hanson.
rjack_fan   09-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Is there a schedule for updating the bibliography? I'm in the process of making it into an excel sheet to track my collection. I'd be happy to share the blank file when it's done, but it's only as current as the posted bibliography (9/07).
Pages (3): 1 2 3