Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
cobalt   08-27-2008, 09:41 AM
KRW Wrote:Just imagine being stuck on a deserted island with Mary Ann and Ginger.
And they keep making those coconut cream pies

YUM!

:eek: Dude!! Now you really do owe me that pink story!!!

EWMAN
Scott Miller   08-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:And June Foray has got to be the best voice-over artist who ever lived. Not forgetting Paul Frees.

Ken V.

sigokat Wrote:What about Don Messick? I considered him to be one of the best as well.

Nothing wrong with your voice talents, but Mel Blanc is numero uno in my book.

As for old shows besides the ones mentioned already, I'll add

CHICO AND THE MAN
GET SMART
WILD, WILD WEST
VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA
EMERGENCY
ADAM 12
THE ADDAMS FAMILY
THE MUNSTERS
THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW
LOU GRANT
THE FUGITIVE
THE RAT PATROL
LEAVE IT TO BEAVER
PLEASE DON'T EAT THE DAISIES

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Sigokat   08-27-2008, 04:44 PM
KRW Wrote:Just imagine being stuck on a deserted island with Mary Ann and Ginger.
And they keep making those coconut cream pies

YUM!

Oh. My. God. YUM indeed!!!

Probably not the best video to post for a guy that's been stuck in the desert for a year and still has 364 days to go (not that I'm counting of course).

Ok...back to the video...:tongue:

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Ken Valentine   08-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Nothing wrong with your voice talents, but Mel Blanc is numero uno in my book.
While not denying the legendary Mel Blanc; to me, this says it all:

"June Foray is not the female Mel Blanc. Mel Blanc was the male June Foray." - Chuck Jones, animator

June Foray did everything from the voice of Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Natasha Natal, and Dudley Do-Right's girlfriend Nell Fenwick, to the cat in Walt Disney's Cinderella.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004931/bio

Ken V.
KRW   08-27-2008, 11:04 PM
sigokat Wrote:Oh. My. God. YUM indeed!!!

Probably not the best video to post for a guy that's been stuck in the desert for a year and still has 364 days to go (not that I'm counting of course).

Ok...back to the video...:tongue:

You're welcome.Wink
Scott Miller   08-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:While not denying the legendary Mel Blanc; to me, this says it all:

"June Foray is not the female Mel Blanc. Mel Blanc was the male June Foray." - Chuck Jones, animator

June Foray did everything from the voice of Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Natasha Natal, and Dudley Do-Right's girlfriend Nell Fenwick, to the cat in Walt Disney's Cinderella.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004931/bio

Ken V.

Good information Ken, thanks. To Be honest I had never even heard of her until you posted about her, but am certainly familiar with her work. It's stories like hers that make me wonder how many female accomplishments have been attributed to males during the old sexist regime days.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Mick C.   08-29-2008, 01:08 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:Also waiting for the November release of Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow. Which I've never seen either.

"Be Seeing You"

WHAT!????!!! I had no idea they were finally releasing that, after years of waiting. I loved that as a kid and only have a crappy videotape now.

That show was the subject of years of discord between my beloved sister and me; the last episode was broadcast on Wonderful World of Disney the same time as the Beatles' appearance on Ed Sullivan - we only had one TV in our family, and she won.

I gotta go pre-order that on Amazon! Thanks!

The theme song has been running endlessly through my brain for years: "Scarecrow! Scarecrow! The soldiers of the king feared his name! Scarecrow! Scarecro-ow! The country-folk all loved him just the same! Scarecrow! So the king told all his soldiers - hang him high or hang him low! But never return, 'til the day I learn, he's gone in flames below! Scarecrow! Scarecrow! Sc-a-ar-e-c-rrrr-o-wwwww!! (Cue McGoohan's crazy, maniacal laughter)."
This post was last modified: 08-29-2008, 01:10 AM by Mick C..

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Mick C.   08-29-2008, 01:16 AM
sigokat Wrote:Mad,

The sad thing is is that I know what both U.N.C.L.E. and T.H.R.U.S.H. actually stand for!!!

Me too - a lot of people know what UNCLE stands for, you have to be a total spy-nerd to know THRUSH's meaning, so you get major points - and it's so over-the-top, too.

I can still tell you what SHIELD and THUNDER mean, too. Even ShMERSH (which I was surprised to learn in college was a real unit!)

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Mick C.   08-29-2008, 01:21 AM
mad4tunes Wrote:Or, god love us all, "Mod Squad" featuring the delectable Peggy Lipton?

I had such a crush on her when I was a kid. Did you know Rashida Jones (who played Karen on "The Office" - Jim's bounceback girlfriend) is the daughter of Peggy Lipton and Quincy Jones?

I also remember being a huge fan of :"Dark Shadows" as a kid - my sister and I would watch every episode all summer, then try to stay home from school by faking illness so we could try to catch up on storylines once school started (no videotapes then, of course). I thought Lara Parker (Angelique) was pretty hot. Just saw her as Peter Fonda's wife in the drive-in classic "Race With the Devil."
This post was last modified: 08-29-2008, 01:24 AM by Mick C..

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Ken Valentine   08-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Good information Ken, thanks. To Be honest I had never even heard of her until you posted about her, but am certainly familiar with her work. It's stories like hers that make me wonder how many female accomplishments have been attributed to males during the old sexist regime days.
I don't know how many men took credit for work that women did, but I definitely believe that women weren't given the recognition they deserve.

Ken V.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4