Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Sigokat   08-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Twilight Zone (originals)
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (the first season was the best. Some of the later shows just go too corny)
Star Trek

And I hate to admit this, but I will...

Gilligan's Island

I friggin love that show for some insane reason. I was actually watching (it was on in the background) it the other night while playing LoTRO. Yes, I own the DVDs, but in my defense my mom bought them for me. Big Grin

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
mad4tunes   08-26-2008, 10:24 AM
sigokat Wrote:Twilight Zone (originals)
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (the first season was the best. Some of the later shows just go too corny)
Star Trek

And I hate to admit this, but I will...

Gilligan's Island

I friggin love that show for some insane reason. I was actually watching (it was on in the background) it the other night while playing LoTRO. Yes, I own the DVDs, but in my defense my mom bought them for me. Big Grin

Ah, The Man from U.N.C.L.E.!! I get great amusement when I watch NCIS and see Ducky on there. He's gone from being a world class spy to being a forensic pathologist.

How about "I Spy" with Robert Culp and Bill Cosby? Or, god love us all, "Mod Squad" featuring the delectable Peggy Lipton?

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Sigokat   08-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Mad,

The sad thing is is that I know what both U.N.C.L.E. and T.H.R.U.S.H. actually stand for!!!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
webby   08-26-2008, 11:11 AM
mad4tunes Wrote:... I liked the concept behind "Time Tunnel". The only show I've seen since then had a similar concept I enjoyed was "Quantum Leap".

"Quantum Leap" is one of my all-time favorites. Smile

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ken Valentine   08-26-2008, 05:12 PM
sigokat Wrote:Gilligan's Island

I friggin love that show for some insane reason.
I would imagine that your "insane reason" would be that they were just plain tongue-in-cheek FUN!

Ken V.
mad4tunes   08-26-2008, 08:54 PM
sigokat Wrote:And I hate to admit this, but I will...

Gilligan's Island

So, what's wrong with Gilligan's Island? I enjoyed it a LOT more than I did some of the other comedy that was on at that time...I think I'm the only person my age who was NOT amused by the Beverly Hillbillies.

However, I always preferred drama to comedy, other than variety shows like "Laugh-In", or cartoons.

"Top Cat", "The Jetsons", and the other Hanna-Barbera shows ("Hey, Qweek Draw...how do you work thees camera?")

Come to think of it, my favorite cartoon show was "Rocky & Bullwinkle"...and I laugh at them as much now as I did then...but for different reasons.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Ken Valentine   08-26-2008, 09:05 PM
mad4tunes Wrote:Come to think of it, my favorite cartoon show was "Rocky & Bullwinkle"...and I laugh at them as much now as I did then...but for different reasons.
I laugh at it for the same reasons. I loved the puns and double entendre. The Kirwood Derby . . . Metal Munching Moon Mice . . . Peabody's Improbable History. They still give me a chuckle.

And June Foray has got to be the best voice-over artist who ever lived. Not forgetting Paul Frees.

Ken V.
KRW   08-26-2008, 11:37 PM
sigokat Wrote:And I hate to admit this, but I will...

Gilligan's Island

Just imagine being stuck on a deserted island with Mary Ann and Ginger.
And they keep making those coconut cream pies

YUM!
Sigokat   08-27-2008, 02:13 AM
If I responded honestly about what I would do on a deserted island with Marry Ann and Ginger I would probably be banned from this site. :eek:

I'm a big H-B fan also, with my favorites being of course Top Cat and Jonny Quest.

Major K

Sigokat   08-27-2008, 02:14 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:And June Foray has got to be the best voice-over artist who ever lived. Not forgetting Paul Frees.

Ken V.

What about Don Messick? I considered him to be one of the best as well.

Major K

Pages (4):    1 2 3 4