RepairmanJack.com Forums
Some really old shows - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Some really old shows (/thread-3015.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Some really old shows - Libby - 08-22-2008

Have any of you seen "All in the Family"?

Some really old shows - Kenji - 08-22-2008

Libby Wrote:Have any of you seen "All in the Family"?

No, I've never heard about that show. So I checked it in imdb. Sounds fun!

Some really old shows? I liked "Soap", "The Cosby Show", and "Family Ties".

Some really old shows - mad4tunes - 08-22-2008

Oh...and here I thought you were going to talk about really old shows, like "I Love Lucy", "The Millionaire", and "The Naked City" Big Grin...young whippersnappers!:thumbsup:

But I did enjoy "All In the Family"...even if Archie Bunker reminded me of my mother's husband, Godzilla.

Welcome back, Libby...I've missed you, at least Smile !!

mad4tunes Wrote:Oh...and here I thought you were going to talk about really old shows, like "I Love Lucy", "The Millionaire", and "The Naked City" Big Grin...young whippersnappers!:thumbsup:

But I did enjoy "All In the Family"...even if Archie Bunker reminded me of my mother's husband, Godzilla.

Welcome back, Libby...I've missed you, at least Smile !!

I do like I Love Lucy a lot...Big Grin And thanks.Smile

Some really old shows - Tony H - 08-22-2008

I love "All in the Family"! One of the best written shows in the history of television. Ranks up there with "M*A*S*H" (Pre Alan Alda writing/directing, it just got weird then). "I Love Lucy" was great, "Maude" was a blast...I am sure more will come to mind.

AsMoral Wrote:I love "All in the Family"! One of the best written shows in the history of television. Ranks up there with "M*A*S*H" (Pre Alan Alda writing/directing, it just got weird then). "I Love Lucy" was great, "Maude" was a blast...I am sure more will come to mind.

Though I have never seen it, The Flying Nun had a cool concept.Big Grin

Some really old shows - webby - 08-22-2008

AsMoral Wrote:I love "All in the Family"! One of the best written shows in the history of television. Ranks up there with "M*A*S*H" (Pre Alan Alda writing/directing, it just got weird then). "I Love Lucy" was great, "Maude" was a blast...I am sure more will come to mind.

Agree 100%

Libby Wrote:Though I have never seen it, The Flying Nun had a cool concept.Big Grin

Meh. It was ok, but not great.

Other great ones:
Happy Days (early years - you know, before it literally jumped the shark)
The Odd Couple
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Bob Newhart Show (any show that inspires its own drinking game ranks very high on the greatness meter)
Smile

webby Wrote:Meh. It was ok, but not great.

Other great ones:
Happy Days (early years - you know, before it literally jumped the shark)
The Odd Couple
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Bob Newhart Show (any show that inspires its own drinking game ranks very high on the greatness meter)
Smile

I should probably see those. I will look into it. Thanks.Smile The Flying Nun does SOUND funny. But perhaps I should not waste my time seeing it...:confused:

Some really old shows - jimbow8 - 08-22-2008

Libby Wrote:Have any of you seen "All in the Family"?

I never actually liked All in the Family as much as many people did, but I can very much appreciate how ground-breaking it was. For that alone I give it high praise.

Never liked Lucy, though.

Some really old shows - Noelie - 08-22-2008

My favorite old show: Dark Shadows.