Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Mick C.   08-02-2008, 11:47 AM
mad4tunes Wrote:Well, heck, Mick...it's only been 40 years...have a little patience!

Who'd play Max if it came back?

I liked the show a lot...but back then, I liked a lot of shows, no matter how hokey they were...I kept on waiting for the guys on "Time Tunnel" to end up at a beach party with Sandra Dee Big Grin !!

Glad someone else remembers it, mad4tunes! "Coronet Blue" was a unexpectedly popular summer replacement show. It was created by Larry ("It's Alive") Cohen, who in his autobiography finally revealed the secret of Max's amnesia: He was a KGB officer trained to impersonate an American as part of a Soviet team code-named Coronet Blue. He planned to defect, so the other team members tried to kill him by dumping him in the river, and continued to hunt him down. Pretty cool, huh? And the theme song still runs through my mind...

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Mick C.   08-02-2008, 03:36 PM
mad4tunes Wrote:I kept on waiting for the guys on "Time Tunnel" to end up at a beach party with Sandra Dee Big Grin !!

I know what you mean...maybe it's the fanboy in me, but I was always finding unintended connections between shows based on the actors. I was a huge fan of Secret Agent / Danger Man and the Prisoner when they first appeared, and I always assumed John Drake was, in fact, Number 6. After seeing "Ice Station Zebra", I thought Patrick McGoohan's British intelligence agent, the pseudonymous "Mr. David Jones", was actually John Drake. And that the treachery and double-crosses Drake experienced in the Ice Station Zebra incident was the straw that broke the camel's back and led Drake to resign...which sent him to the Village.

Still makes sense to me.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5