Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
fpw   07-24-2008, 10:40 AM
[SIZE="3"]It was discovered that the sword on the original cover image was not a katana, so two new covers have been designed. Any preferences?[/SIZE]
Attached Files
.jpg
a.jpg (Size: 86.37 KB Downloads: 698)
.jpg
b.jpg (Size: 90.94 KB Downloads: 594)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
webby   07-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I like the second one better.

The bottom part of the first one sort of looks like the top of a well with the bucket missing.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kenji   07-24-2008, 10:52 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]It was discovered that the sword on the original cover image was not a katana, so two new covers have been designed. Any preferences?[/SIZE]

I like both covers.

But if I can choose I'll choose upper cover. Sun and katana...that's cool.
Legion   07-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Honestly, Im not a big fan of either. Here's why.

The color scheme is too contrasting. It clashes in a way ( no pun intended). The usual blue up top (which I love) is soothing. The lime green border works alright with it, I guess, but then add the orange-ness of either image and it reminds me of when my TV set in the eighties had a tint problem. I would go with an entirely different color filter.

The Second reason is that the second image, the close up of the pommel and guard with only a bit of blade, is more in line with the usual cover style, but it seems as if whoever cropped that photo did so too closely so that it almost seems grainy.

The top image, with the sword sheathed and on display ( can never remember what they are called) is alright. I like the setting sun behind it. It is not only symbolic of Japan in a way but also possibly an omen of things to come in Nightworld... BUT That image is off center.

Forgive my pickyness, its just that I spent some time doing professional photography and the girlie was originally a graphic designer.

Plus I am OCD.

I'd say between the two of them the one with the sword sheathed and on display with the sun behind, but its still lacking something.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
webby   07-24-2008, 11:01 AM
I like the setting sun behind the sword too, but I was trying to look at the covers from the perspective of someone who has not yet read the book and who might not know what they are seeing on the cover until they've read the book.

That's why I picked cover #2. While the sword pic there isn't the greatest, at least anybody should be able to recognize that it is a sword.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Marc   07-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I prefer the second.
Tony H   07-24-2008, 11:45 AM
The 2nd one is better IMHO.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
dezboi   07-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I would definitely have to say the first cover. The katana-by-sunset on the first cover seems have a look which is more consistent with the cityscape image, the panoramic open sky.
bones weep tedium   07-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Who does these covers?? Rolleyes

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Legion   07-24-2008, 12:14 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:Who does these covers?? Rolleyes

And did they change the Jack Silohette?

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5