Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
mad4tunes   07-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I forgot about "Studio 60". Yeah... that was a good show. It would be nice to see it come back.

About a year ago I thought it would be nice to see a new channel created called "Second Chance TV" that broadcast cancelled shows that this station picked. "Studio 60" and "Firefly" would be two great shows that need to come back.

Actually, that's not a bad idea...maybe a subscription channel to pay for the shows?

I'd pay $10 a month to see new episodes of shows like "Studio 60", "Firefly", and "Dead Like Me".

If you got 50,000 people to subscribe nationally, that would be half a million bucks a month...that'll pay for a LOT of TV.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
jonledon   07-17-2008, 02:09 PM
imderanged Wrote:joss whedon & ron glass are working together to tell book's story in the next dark horse mini-series. They're trying to get it out by the end of the year.

[size="5"]f'n a!!!!![/size]
NickelobLight   07-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Late to the party...

I am SO happy that Burn Notice is back. What an awesome show. It's sort of like The A-Team, (what with the idea of somebody doing illegal things to help people out of jams), meets MacGuyver, (what with the jerry-rigging that he does to do it...except he has guns).

I also can't wait for Eureka. Great show. Very original & clever.

Finally, I have to agree with Sean Baron. It's been almost a year and a half since the last episode of The Shield. I absolutely HAVE to watch it...

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken

Let not thy will roar when thy power can but whisper. -Dr. Thomas Fuller (1654-1734), Gnomologia, 1732

[Image: dfb17bf94b00b1e2eb_5.jpg] [Image: s_logo_tampa.gif]
Sigokat   07-20-2008, 05:04 AM
[Image: lost-logo.jpg]

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
IanSF   07-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Can we wish for old series that are no longer on?
There's a UK show from the 80's that was (IMO) criminally cut short by the BBC two thirds from fulfillment. It was based on John Christopher's trilogy but the third book was never filmed. There's a cinema adaptation on the cards but I don't think it could match the original series as it will have to try and condense all the books into one.
Attached Files
.jpg
triptitl.jpg (Size: 8.65 KB Downloads: 52)
Aprilis   07-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Coupling (the original British version of course, there is no other)

That is the funniest show ever. I can watch it over and over again.

I love british tv shows, I wish the BBC america would put something decent on.
Kenji   07-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Some good shows were cancelled. I really wish they come back.

Odyssey 5

Vengeance Unlimited

Harsh Realm

The Others

Night Visions

Mutant X

Tru Calling

Invasion

Kidnapped
Oxenberger   07-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Im shocked this group doesn't want to see these quality (and i use that term losely) shows return:

The A-Team
The Master
Greatest American Hero
Riptide
B.J. and the Bear
Barney Miller

Cheers,
Ox
cobalt   07-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Oxenberger Wrote:Im shocked this group doesn't want to see these quality (and i use that term losely) shows return:

The A-Team
The Master
Greatest American Hero
Riptide
B.J. and the Bear
Barney Miller

Cheers,
Ox

Except for Barney Miller....it had some funny parts......gack!

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-21-2008, 12:54 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:Uh...just a little fyi...Greatest American Hero is coming back. If you go to the Comic-Con July 24 there will be a pannel featuring William Katt, Connie Sellica, & Robert Culp.

And as an aside when I was a kid I always thought that Ralph was the title character of the Greatest American Hero. While rewatching the series a few years ago I realized Robert Culp is really the title character. It was the 80's we were in a cold war and he was playing the "super Fed" Fbi agent. Ralph just did what he thought was right but Robert Culp did everything for the betterment of American as an agent. Next time you watch an episode ask yourself who is really the title referring too.

I had not thought of that, Jeff...
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5