Pages (56):    1 3 4 5 6 7 56   
Wapitikev   07-26-2008, 07:26 PM
persephoneslove Wrote:Yeah Donovans got that kind of Italian thing going on, but hey let's not forget Jack is from Jersey, land of the Italian inplants. An dI know he's bit older, but he does not look 45, the man is hot. He's got that don't-meet-me-in-a-dark-alley-but-let-me-in-your-bed look to him that all the ladies can appreciate, unless you're like dead or something

Gotta say I can't get behind Mena Suvari for the simple reson that I see her "Loser". And I know almost nothing of Procter so I can't comment on that. I've been running Gia through my head a lot lately and I still can't seem to place her. All the girls that come to mind seem too skinny, too short, too british, or too young. It's a toughie.

As for casting Rasalom, let's not get ahead of ourselves here, the first movie isn't even out yet. But I do love whoever threw in Bruce campbell for Jack, cause let's face it, if her were 20 years younger, Bruce coulda been King Jack, but then we might not have all the lovely cheese he's done.

And I know mistakes are common but I've got my head positively buried in books and movies, so I pride myself on knowing, who, what, and where.

Heh.

Loser was ages ago (eight years to be exact). A girl's gotta work. Besides, imagine how much Gia has "grown-up" since Vicky was born, eight years prior to The Tomb...that's how long its been since Mena did Loser. Sometimes people change for the better.

I Don't particularly like Procter for Gia.

The consensus is in: J-Don is seriously hot...all the women on this board have spoken! I agree in a totally heterosexual, secure in my own masculinity sort-of way. And he's only 40 right now...but he could be 45 by the time Beacon gets off their collective...ahem...starts filming.

Bruce Campbell is the man. But he's waaaaay to campy for Jack. I'd have the same reservations about him that I have with Reynolds.

Gotta go re-build my lawn tractor.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
persephoneslove   07-27-2008, 03:36 PM
..."Loser" was a long time ago, but it's the one roll she did that really stuck with me, and sad as that maybe, it's true. The only other thign I remember her in was "Sugar&Spice" neither of which is a good recommend for Gia, lol.
Legion   07-27-2008, 10:23 PM
I was just thinkin, since bruce is too old for Jack, why not Abe? I mean, if you've seen the trailer for My Name is Bruce then you could definitely picture what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/v/QZLv3Z7L5lY&hl=en&fs=1

Bruce sittin there ( some age prosthetic maybe) covered in food stains with Parabellum s(h)itting on his shoulder throwing out his theories.

Hell, add the parakeet and thats half of what he does in Burn Notice.

And yes, I will not give up until Bruce is in this movie somewhere.

Hail to the King Baby.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Wapitikev   07-27-2008, 10:39 PM
persephoneslove Wrote:..."Loser" was a long time ago, but it's the one roll she did that really stuck with me, and sad as that maybe, it's true. The only other thign I remember her in was "Sugar&Spice" neither of which is a good recommend for Gia, lol.

You're absolutely right...those two roles were horrible. You can add American Pie 1 and 2 to this list as well as Caffine and probably a few others.

In short, her agent sucks.

She tried to do drama in 2001 but unfortunately she chose The Musketeer.

I'm willing to see how things go in Sex and Lies in Sin City (TV) rumoured for 2008 later this year.

She does have the whiny, spoiled, under 25, airhead image to ditch, but she is a striking blonde (I am judging all candidates by the descriptions of Gia leading up to and including the party at the United Nations in The Tomb). Granted, looking good does not mean someone can act, but my first two choices (Charlize and Kate) have both the looks and the acting chops to play Gia in their sleep.

What does all that mean? She could be had, cheap, as it would offer her an opportunity to snag a repeating role (read as consistent work) in a series where she plays a part that doesn't bank on her previous, forgettable screen efforts.

I have softened my stance on Emile Procter...her IMDB photos are horrible...she is a striking blonde, but my Gia looks like she's younger than Jack (by about 3-5 years)...and my jack is about 35 (give or take 3 years), so at 40 years old this year, Ms. procter may as well be in cougar country. If forced to choose between her and Mena, I'd choose Mena.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 07-27-2008, 10:48 PM by Wapitikev.

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Wapitikev   07-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Legion Wrote:I was just thinkin, since bruce is too old for Jack, why not Abe? I mean, if you've seen the trailer for My Name is Bruce then you could definitely picture what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/v/QZLv3Z7L5lY&hl=en&fs=1

Bruce sittin there ( some age prosthetic maybe) covered in food stains with Parabellum s(h)itting on his shoulder throwing out his theories.

Hell, add the parakeet and thats half of what he does in Burn Notice.

And yes, I will not give up until Bruce is in this movie somewhere.

Hail to the King Baby.

I could defintely see Bruce as Abe. That would be classic. He's my offical third choice for that role.

On another note...am I the only one that finds your sig slightly disturbing at the end? The eye flying back and forth gives me the willies.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 07-27-2008, 10:49 PM by Wapitikev.

Legion   07-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:I could defintely see Bruce as Abe. That would be classic. He's my offical third choice for that role.

On another note...am I the only one that finds your sig slightly disturbing at the end? The eye flying back and forth gives me the willies.

-Wapitikev

Don't worry. It freaks me out too.

Funny how I can see real carnage in front of me and I am unaffected, but an animated Gif of a stick figure wigs me out.

mad4tunes   07-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Another possibility for Gia...and I KNOW she's got the chops for it...Julia Stiles.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Wapitikev   07-29-2008, 01:29 AM
mad4tunes Wrote:Another possibility for Gia...and I KNOW she's got the chops for it...Julia Stiles.

Jason Bourne's girlfriend? She didn't do so well as Damien Thorn's mum.

She's a little young, at 27, to play opposite Reynolds (8 years older) or J-Don (13 years older).

If we get a new, younger Jack then she's a great choice.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 07-29-2008, 02:28 AM by Wapitikev.

persephoneslove   07-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Julia Styles is a bit young to play it off, but at least it's a new suggestion as far as Gia's go. I think we're on the right track though. Who's a hip blonde italian, not mega star already blonde?

And I think Bruce is now my second choice for Abe. You cannot deny the Campbell!
Legion   07-29-2008, 07:30 PM
persephoneslove Wrote:Julia Styles is a bit young to play it off, but at least it's a new suggestion as far as Gia's go. I think we're on the right track though. Who's a hip blonde italian, not mega star already blonde?

And I think Bruce is now my second choice for Abe. You cannot deny the Campbell!

And if we had Roma and his monkey in it Ted Raimi could play Mauricio.

Pages (56):    1 3 4 5 6 7 56