Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 6 9   
Scott Miller   02-15-2010, 05:19 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:After watching the Series I loved seeing the characters on other shows. Like Stringer Bell on the office for a few episodes and until I watched The Wire I always referred to the skinny guy as Abadon from Lost but now i always remember him as Daniels.

I only finished the series maybe a month ago and I already want to rewatch it. It's just that good.

I love spotting them in other things as well. Chris was in The Taking Of Pelham 123 and I've seen Stringer and Lester in several things but never as a lead. I just saw Rawls in a western, Carcetti was the villian in Blackout. Of course, McNulty has been in a few things as has Burrell and I've seen Daniels in a couple of shows.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Brian   02-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Law and Order is good for that as well. I remember one old episode when Dennis Franz played a part and then next season he was on NYPD Blue.

There is no wise man without fault
GeraldRice   02-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Brian Wrote:Law and Order is good for that as well. I remember one old episode when Dennis Franz played a part and then next season he was on NYPD Blue.

Law and Order is really good at recycling the same people into different roles on the show. Before he was wise-cracking Lenny Briscoe the actor played a wise-cracking public defendant. And S. Epatha Merkerson was the mother of a murder victim.

But my wife and I are huge fans of L&O and we notice all 3 of the shows have cycled in people from Oz. Chris Meloni, the female detective from Criminal Intent the one detective from season one of SVU who quit because he couldn't hack seeing child victims, the FBI profiler from SVU.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
GeraldRice   02-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I finished devouring Season 1 yesterday. That was great. I have to get season 2 from the library, I'm not waiting on HBO to put up the next ones. There are no cardboard characters here and everyone has his or her share of ugly. Omar, by far, is my favorite character. Then probably Avon Barksdale. The guy works SO hard to stay invisible. But I love how he is extremely family oriented. He should have killed DeAngelo a couple times over. And the guy runs a soup kitchen. It's very rare to have the good guys be as interesting as the bad guys.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
colburn0004   02-17-2010, 02:15 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:I finished devouring Season 1 yesterday. That was great. I have to get season 2 from the library, I'm not waiting on HBO to put up the next ones. There are no cardboard characters here and everyone has his or her share of ugly. Omar, by far, is my favorite character. Then probably Avon Barksdale. The guy works SO hard to stay invisible. But I love how he is extremely family oriented. He should have killed DeAngelo a couple times over. And the guy runs a soup kitchen. It's very rare to have the good guys be as interesting as the bad guys.

You've past the point of no return you will now probably go crazy til you finish the series Big Grin The scene where Deangelo was flipping out on Stringer and asking where Wallace was, was great. Bodie will always be my most Hated/Loved character from the show for his scene with Wallace.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
GeraldRice   02-17-2010, 11:10 AM
colburn0004 Wrote:You've past the point of no return you will now probably go crazy til you finish the series Big Grin The scene where Deangelo was flipping out on Stringer and asking where Wallace was, was great. Bodie will always be my most Hated/Loved character from the show for his scene with Wallace.

Is Bodie the one who escaped from juvie? That was hilarious- he just got there, pushed around a bucket and walked out. It seems so ridiculous as to not be believed but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd researched and found instances of that happening.

I love how richly complex Barksdale is. He's a badguy, but he's not a scumbag. He has a fairness to him. Like when he was yelling at the ref for the bad call, but when the ref relented and was going to let him have a do-over he didn't take it and screamed at the ref that you can't do that. But then he'll have his girl killed because she threatened to expose him.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
colburn0004   02-17-2010, 12:07 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Is Bodie the one who escaped from juvie? That was hilarious- he just got there, pushed around a bucket and walked out. It seems so ridiculous as to not be believed but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd researched and found instances of that happening.

I love how richly complex Barksdale is. He's a badguy, but he's not a scumbag. He has a fairness to him. Like when he was yelling at the ref for the bad call, but when the ref relented and was going to let him have a do-over he didn't take it and screamed at the ref that you can't do that. But then he'll have his girl killed because she threatened to expose him.

Yes Bodie is the one that escapes juvie. You are making me want to watch the series again. The characters just grow so much over the seasons. The next season is a little bit of a trail off from the rest of the series. Some like it and some hate it. I thought it was good in the sence of the series with things that come into play later in the series but as a season alone its probably my least favorite season. With this series that isn't saying much as every episode is simply amazing imho.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
GeraldRice   02-17-2010, 12:49 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:Yes Bodie is the one that escapes juvie. You are making me want to watch the series again. The characters just grow so much over the seasons. The next season is a little bit of a trail off from the rest of the series. Some like it and some hate it. I thought it was good in the sence of the series with things that come into play later in the series but as a season alone its probably my least favorite season. With this series that isn't saying much as every episode is simply amazing imho.

Well, I just requested the first 2 discs fromt he library and I'll be picking them up tonight. I already have Battlestar Galactica and the 2nd season of Carnivale to go thru and they're just going to have to wait.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Scott Miller   02-17-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't know if either of have or are doing so, but make an effort to watch the extras; they are top notch and you'll discover that most of everything that happens in the show imitates to actual events.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
GeraldRice   02-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I don't know if either of have or are doing so, but make an effort to watch the extras; they are top notch and you'll discover that most of everything that happens in the show imitates to actual events.

Cool. I'll check out the extras.

"If you want to kill the king, you best not miss."
-Omar

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 6 9