RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Wire - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Wire (/thread-2947.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The Wire - Scott Miller - 07-12-2008

It may have been mentioned elsewhere, but I suprisingly couldn't find another thread dedicated to this excellent show. I have just completed a three day marathon of Season 1 and it may be the best cop show I've ever seen. The writing and superior ensemble cast make for riveting viewing. I highly recommend it.

The Wire - Maggers - 07-12-2008

Scott Miller Wrote:It may have been mentioned elsewhere, but I suprisingly couldn't find another thread dedicated to this excellent show. I have just completed a three day marathon of Season 1 and it may be the best cop show I've ever seen. The writing and superior ensemble cast make for riveting viewing. I highly recommend it.

I loved the first and second seasons of THE WIRE. But after that my interest petered out. If you watch beyond Season 2, Scott, let me know how it goes and if I should go back and check it out again.

The Wire - jimbow8 - 07-12-2008

My interest petered out after the 1st season. It was good, but I just didn't want to watch any more. Maybe I'll get back to it later.

The Wire - Scott Miller - 07-12-2008

Maggers Wrote:I loved the first and second seasons of THE WIRE. But after that my interest petered out. If you watch beyond Season 2, Scott, let me know how it goes and if I should go back and check it out again.

jimbow8 Wrote:My interest petered out after the 1st season. It was good, but I just didn't want to watch any more. Maybe I'll get back to it later.

Isn't it weird when that happens; giving up on a show that you enjoy? I gave up both Six Feet Under and The Sopranos despite the fact I consider them to be great TV. I'm struggling through Season 2 of Rome at the moment; I almost have to force myself to watch an episode. Watching them on DVD may have something to do with because you get such an intense burst of a show. That said I think I'll cool my heels before jumping into Season 2 of The Wire.

The Wire - fpw - 07-14-2008

[SIZE="3"]I finished Season 3 last week and started 4 last night. Truly some great characters -- Simon has a talent for tortured good guys and complex bad guys. Stringer Bell fascinates me.[/SIZE]

The Wire - Scott Miller - 11-05-2008

Maggers Wrote:If you watch beyond Season 2, Scott, let me know how it goes and if I should go back and check it out again.

I just finished Season 3 and it went great; you should definitely check it out, especially if you enjoyed the first season.

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"] Stringer Bell fascinates me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"]
MAJOR SPOILER
[/SIZE]

Not anymore, holy shit. Even though I could see it coming, when it got there I was blown away when they took him out. Just business.

I was talking with the guy who convinced me to watch The Wire the other day and he told me that the Reverend Frank Reid, played by Felix Stevenson, is the real-life Avon and that Dennis Mello, Bunny's Lt., is the actual Jay Landsman(the fat homicide cop). Can't get much more authentic than that.

I'm curious if anyone has read George Pelecanos books.

The Wire - Scott Miller - 12-19-2008

Well I just finished the final episode of Season 4 and I can't believe this isn't one of the most talked about shows in history. I thought the first three seasons were brilliant and then comes season 4. It is unquestionably the most powerful television drama that I've seen. It shifts focus a bit onto 4 middle schoolers trying to cope with their world and it packs one helluva a wallop. I CAN NOT recommend this show highly enough.

The Wire - fpw - 12-19-2008

Scott Miller Wrote:. I CAN NOT recommend this show highly enough.
Let me second that. Amazingly complex characters who defy pigeonholing. The most conflicted heroes facing multi-faceted villains.