Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
t4terrific   05-02-2009, 05:47 PM
jmez87 Wrote:I would love to read this book but everyone is saying that the print is too small and there arent any copies in stores for me to see. Is the print really that bad?

Read the Tor hardcover then.
Ken Valentine   05-02-2009, 06:14 PM
jmez87 Wrote:I would love to read this book but everyone is saying that the print is too small and there arent any copies in stores for me to see. Is the print really that bad?
It's no smaller than the print in any other paperback.

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   05-02-2009, 06:14 PM
t4terrific Wrote:Read the Tor hardcover then.
That's always an option.

Ken V.
Karithna   05-02-2009, 10:38 PM
My copy is an old tor paperback, missing the cover and half the info sheet. The back cover is red if that helps. It's 463 pages some very small print, but the story is so good, you get lost in it regardless of the font size.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Ken Valentine   05-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Karithna Wrote:My copy is an old tor paperback, missing the cover and half the info sheet. The back cover is red if that helps. It's 463 pages some very small print, but the story is so good, you get lost in it regardless of the font size.
It's possible that Jmez87 has difficulty reading small print. I know what that's like.

Ken V.
DominusDeus   05-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Just finished Black Wind not but 15 minutes ago.

Damn good book. Much better than I thought it would be. Didn't have any trouble getting into it.

But yes, the text is small. 463 pages with upwards of 44 lines of text per page. Would've been easier to read with 32 lines per page. That would've made the book about 640 pages long.
scrappyblue   06-09-2009, 12:20 AM
I read Black Wind a few months ago ... EXCELLENT story. I love almost anything WWII anyhow (Band of Brothers!!), and this was truly a great read.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. ~Luciano de Crescenzo

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" ~ Albert Einstein
SDSwami   06-23-2009, 03:04 AM
It's funny, because I had picked up the Tor version of this book years ago at a used book store and never got around to reading it for some reason. It eventually was put away and forgotten about. Then last fall I found it and put it in my stack of books to read. Let me just say, I really wish I hadn't waited so long to read this book. After reading it, I really thought this would make one very good movie (as long as the script stayed true to the book).
Brian   06-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Black Wind would make an excellent movie. But Hollywood seems to be stuck on remaking a whole bunch of movies now. Here's an original story with historical and intriguing aspects. They'll ignore it. Rolleyes

There is no wise man without fault
jmez87   06-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Funny little thing yesterday. I had no intentions on yet purchasing Black Wind so when i went to Borders just to see the print they said they must be out of copies because the book was not where it was supposed to be. I then saw a novel for world of warcraft ( i used to play) and brought to waist level to check it out and as i went to look at it my eyes caught a copy..wait, make that four copies of Black wind. I immediatley bought it. The print is really small but ill make it. this story just goes to show you that if they say they dont have it, guess what, they probably do. lol

C.Jimenez
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6