Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Lysistrata   06-27-2008, 04:25 PM
:yikes: By the Sword Spoiler

There is a reference to a stain, "a purplish blotch", which appears on Darryl's left shin (in Thursday, paragraph 6). His leg has been "itching since last night". Last night was the time when he was watching Dawn's hotel.

What can be the meaning of that stain? There was the stain in Infernal which was taking its host... elsewhere. The katana could have similar properties and give such a stain, but Darryl had not touched it yet.

The only special thing Darryl did was to approach Dawn. Could it the reason the stain appeared, maybe because the baby she is carrying sends oDNA loaded kickers elsewhere? (or mark them)

The real Naka Slater also has a stain, but he explains Jack it is a family trait, the Slater stain. Then again, he could be lying for some reasons.

Has anyone an idea?

Trying to be nice
Lysistrata   06-30-2008, 01:39 PM
No one has an idea? :confused:

This Darryl character must be of interest for the story: he is the one who finds Dawn, then the katana, as if he were attracted by (or led to) them. A stain mysteriously appears on his body. And he is one of the very few who survive the temple raid, as if being preserved for further events.

Trying to be nice
cobalt   06-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I had forgotten about the stain....interesting idea though. The Slater stain was a birth mark....a port wine stain. Could we have all missed this? Looks like a good bet.

And by the way, if I've haven't welcomed you aboard....welcome!

EWMAN
fpw   06-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Lysistrata Wrote::yikes: By the Sword Spoiler

What can be the meaning of that stain?

[SIZE="3"]All in good time, m'dear. All in good time.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
cobalt   06-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Yup.....we missed something!

EWMAN
mkmfpwfan   06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Sneaky, sneaky...always have to be on guard for those loose threads that will get you in the end. :-) Keri
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-30-2008, 03:32 PM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:Sneaky, sneaky...always have to be on guard for those loose threads that will get you in the end. :-) Keri

"Always on guard."
Lysistrata   06-30-2008, 03:49 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Yup.....we missed something!

French serendipity: I found I better had to read twice in a row each English book in order to understand what was going on :p

On the second reading I remembered there was no explaination for this stain in the rest of the book (also noticed that it was announced very early in the book that the false Naka was a temple acolyte - during most of the first reading I thought there was yet another player in the game... My bad)

Soooo, that stain?

There was a warning about the kickers in the Compendium of Srem - from memory there was a line saying "and the seven became one". I suspect the Septimus (septimus = seven in latin) were instrumental in the creation of the homo kickerus.

Could the stain appear because Darryl has a heavy oDNA load, and living in the Septimus headquarters has triggered something in him?

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-30-2008, 05:12 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]All in good time, m'dear. All in good time.[/SIZE]

Translation:
"I missed that too, but I will work it in. You betcha!"
webby   07-01-2008, 01:09 AM
:hello: Welcome, Lysistrata! Excellent catch about that stain.

I'm going to have to re-read the book and take it more slowly because that flew right over my head too.

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:"Always on guard."

Considering Lysistrata is French, wouldn't that be, "En Garde!" Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages (3): 1 2 3