Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Maggers   01-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Brian Wrote:I laughed my ass off from the first fake commercials and previews until the end.

And I did the same all over again seeing it for the second time on the small screen. This is one hilarious movie.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Wapitikev   01-26-2009, 03:40 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:We watched Tropic Thunder tonight. The scene on the bridge was hysterical. Jack Black was a typical[spoiler] spoiled drugged out Hollywood type.[/spoiler]. But Tom Cruise......now I hate him.....but his role as [spoiler]the director was fantastic. Even his dancing at the end to the rap music[/spoiler].......it had us laughing.

Best line [spoiler]You have hands?[/spoiler]
Best Line: [SPOILER]"I'm a LEAD farmer, mother****er!" as RDJ opens fire with blanks...BLANKS!!![/SPOILER]

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Wapitikev   01-26-2009, 03:53 AM
For those of you who cannot open the MTV link in the OP:

try this

...it also explains who the kid is playing Matthew McConaughey's son in the closing credits.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Scott Miller   01-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Made this my monday morning movie and while I thought it was consistently funny and downright hilarious at times(I second the Panda bit and the trailers), I was kind of worn out by the end. I did think the jokes got a bit repetitive as the characters were so one dimensional. It reminded me a lot of The Ben Stiller Show which should have made him a household name back in the early 90's. Worth the rent if like political incorrect humor.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
GeraldRice   01-27-2009, 11:37 AM
KRW Wrote:Personally, I think Jack Black stole the show when they tied him to a tree. Lord I hope that doesn't go down as cinematic history, but it just might!Big Grin

[SPOILER]Work the shaft. Swallow the juice.[/SPOILER] I don't know why that's funny, but I was saying that over and over again to my wife in no context whatsoever.

Tom Cruise's dance number at the end was funny.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Medusa   01-28-2009, 10:40 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:[spoiler]Work the shaft. Swallow the juice.[/spoiler] I don't know why that's funny, but I was saying that over and over again to my wife in no context whatsoever.

Tom Cruise's dance number at the end was funny.
You think that's bad, you should watch the deleted scenes/outtakes on the dvd. That line that made it to the movie was tame! lol

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
colburn0004   01-29-2009, 12:32 AM
I personally loved the panda scene with Ben and Matthew Macon(however you spell it) But does anyone think its kind of crazy that Downey Jr. is getting noms for supporting actor? I didn't think his part in the movie stood out very well at all.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Kenji   01-29-2009, 12:36 AM
colburn0004 Wrote:I personally loved the panda scene with Ben and Matthew Macon(however you spell it) But does anyone think its kind of crazy that Downey Jr. is getting noms for supporting actor? I didn't think his part in the movie stood out very well at all.

Well, but Kevin Kline got Oscar as supporting actor, in "A Fish Called Wanda". So maybe he will.....
cobalt   01-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Medusa Wrote:You think that's bad, you should watch the deleted scenes/outtakes on the dvd. That line that made it to the movie was tame! lol

I'm thinking I'll have to buy that DVD just for those deleted scenes. They weren't on the disc I got from NetFlix.

EWMAN
Maggers   01-29-2009, 01:50 AM
colburn0004 Wrote:... does anyone think its kind of crazy that Downey Jr. is getting noms for supporting actor? I didn't think his part in the movie stood out very well at all.

I think Robert Downey Jr was superlative and hilarious and the heart and soul of the film. I think Ledger will walk away, well, that's not a good analogy, but he will receive every award for which he is nominated. But if it weren't Ledger's year, again, not a good way to say that, Downey could very well stand a chance. I thought he was brilliant.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (4):    1 2 3 4