Pages (2): 1 2   
Scott Miller   05-30-2008, 04:52 PM
I just discovered that Harvey Korman has passed away. He and Tim Conway never failed to make me laugh on the Carol Burnett Show and who can forget his turn as Hedley Lamarr. The afterlife just got funnier.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
cobalt   05-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Aw, he was one of the funniest guys around. RIP Harvey.

EWMAN
mkmfpwfan   05-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Mel Brooks said the world just got a little more serious. RIP funny man.....-------mark
Wapitikev   05-31-2008, 12:46 AM
[bows head and puts hat over heart]

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Libby   05-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Hedly Lamarr, gone. How sad...Sad I loved the evil laugh when he chocked on the candy.Big Grin

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Scott Miller   05-31-2008, 08:34 PM
I figured that I could find some of my favorites skits and I was right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9T8i4FkNVo

Scott

Noelie   06-02-2008, 11:23 AM
This made me sad. I grew up watching him on Carol Burnett and always loved him. Hedley Lamarr was great, but my all time favorite line of his is actually from History of the World, Part I. "Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise." The line plus his delivery is pure art. Makes me cackle every single time.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
fpw   06-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I figured that I could find some of my favorites skits and I was right.

[SIZE="3"]
That is the perfect bit to illustrate my favorite thing about Harvey Korman: the way he'd crack up at Tim Conway was almost always funnier than Conway himself, who could be hilarious. Just watch Korman try to keep a straight face in that clip. [/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Miller   06-02-2008, 05:06 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]
That is the perfect bit to illustrate my favorite thing about Harvey Korman: the way he'd crack up at Tim Conway was almost always funnier than Conway himself, who could be hilarious. Just watch Korman try to keep a straight face in that clip. [/SIZE]

He certainly had infectious laughter in spades. The other bit that stands out in my memory is The Mama skit where Conway was talking about siamese elephants joined at the trunk and then he demonstrated the noise they made; Korman completely lost it causing everyone else to follow suit.

Still a funny skit, but it does not have Harvey in it. My memory fails again.
This post was last modified: 06-02-2008, 05:23 PM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Libby   06-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I figured that I could find some of my favorites skits and I was right.

That was really funny! I am stil lauging...Big Grin Unfortunatly I am too young to have seen that show.Sad

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Pages (2): 1 2