Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   05-06-2008, 05:36 AM
This.....is......cool. Cool

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate...large.html

I like "Sin City" and "300". I really like Frank Miller's works.
bones weep tedium   05-06-2008, 08:39 AM
I think that 'Sin City Style' of film making is getting a little bit over done now. It's a gimmick that won't sustain another film before the appeal is thoroughly used up. It looks like Sin City mk.02, and to be honest I didnt think much of Sin City mk.01 anyway.

I'm not sure whether Frank Miller is ever going to redeem himself in my eyes after the abysmal Dark Knight 2.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Wapitikev   05-06-2008, 01:02 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I think that 'Sin City Style' of film making is getting a little bit over done now. It's a gimmick that won't sustain another film before the appeal is thoroughly used up. It looks like Sin City mk.02, and to be honest I didnt think much of Sin City mk.01 anyway.

I'm not sure whether Frank Miller is ever going to redeem himself in my eyes after the abysmal Dark Knight 2.

Well, at least he's not writing and directing the movie based on DK2...so count your blessings.

The Spirit trailer was ok. I'm reserving judgement until I see more.

Sin City mk.01 was a violent work of art. So, until you can recommend something better, I'll keep on liking it.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 05-06-2008, 01:05 PM by Wapitikev.

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
bones weep tedium   05-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Well, at least he's not writing and directing the movie based on DK2...so count your blessings.

I think we all should.

Quote:The Spirit trailer was ok. I'm reserving judgement until I see more.

I'd endorse both sentiments, though I might not bother watching The Spirit when it comes out. I'll prob wait til DVD.

Quote:Sin City mk.01 was a violent work of art. So, until you can recommend something better, I'll keep on liking it.

The comics. STOP LIKING IT.

Quote:-Wapitikev

No shit. Why do you sign your posts like this? Do you not realise it says who you are right at the top of your post?

Or do you sign your posts for the same reason that you sign your kills? :eek:

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
Wapitikev   05-06-2008, 07:08 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:The comics. STOP LIKING IT.

I own the comics...I appreciate them compared to other comics. In that same vein I appreciate the movie versions versus other movies. Since Hollywood has shown such damn poor taste that they've left Repairman Jack I: Claws of the Rakoshi unmade, I have very few cinematic options to which Sin City and 300 compare unfavourably.

...and compared to X3, they were dead-on when it comes to continuity.

So hurry up and make your own damn movie and then I can say that Sin City sucks compared to yours.

Heh.

bones weep tedium Wrote:No shit. Why do you sign your posts like this? Do you not realise it says who you are right at the top of your post?

Or do you sign your posts for the same reason that you sign your kills? :eek:

As you well know (and have commented negatively on, before, friendo) some of my posts are longer than a normal screen-height...so I sign my posts for two reasons:

A) out of courtesy to the reader so that they don't have to scroll back to the top of my post to see who the hell the wacko was that wrote the magazine article

...and...

B) out of habit from doing so in A)

You may use this post as an example of A). For all shorter posts, please refer to B).

I am truly and deeply sorry that it offends you to see me type my name at the bottom of each post.

-Wapitikev

Heh.

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
bones weep tedium   05-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:I own the comics...I appreciate them compared to other comics. In that same vein I appreciate the movie versions versus other movies. Since Hollywood has shown such damn poor taste that they've left Repairman Jack I: Claws of the Rakoshi unmade, I have very few cinematic options to which Sin City and 300 compare unfavourably.

I thought I told you to stop liking it. :mad:

The film is a gimmick stretched out over 90minutes. The comics span awesome-average in various respects, but I don't think that they work well as storyboards at all.

A lot of movies are weak becasue they stray from the source material too much. I felt that Sin City was too faithful.

Quote:As you well know (and have commented negatively on, before, friendo) some of my posts are longer than a normal screen-height...so I sign my posts for two reasons:

A) out of courtesy to the reader so that they don't have to scroll back to the top of my post to see who the hell the wacko was that wrote the magazine article

...and...

B) out of habit from doing so in A)

You may use this post as an example of A). For all shorter posts, please refer to B).

I am truly and deeply sorry that it offends you to see me type my name at the bottom of each post.

-Wapitikev

Heh.

You bastard. You didnt even sign your name at the bottom in this one. I'll see you hang for this. :mad:

I hate coppers.

Wapitikev   05-06-2008, 07:45 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I thought I told you to stop liking it. :mad:

The film is a gimmick stretched out over 90minutes. The comics span awesome-average in various respects, but I don't think that they work well as storyboards at all.

A lot of movies are weak becasue they stray from the source material too much. I felt that Sin City was too faithful.

You bastard. You didnt even sign your name at the bottom in this one. I'll see you hang for this. :mad:

Considering my many crimes, being hanged for not signing my handiwork would be bitterly ironic, indeed. Besides I couldn't resist putting a "Heh" in there at the end.

I'll take the gimmicky black and white, storyboard looking noir-type stuff with a good story over the dreck that Hollywood regularly serves up as "quality film-making" any day of the week. [i.e. I'm still liking it!]

-Wapitikev

fpw   05-06-2008, 07:49 PM
[SIZE="3"]For me, the middle period of The Spirit, when it really hit its stride, had some of the best story and art in comics ever -- worth the price for the title splash pages alone. Will Eisner casts a loooong shadow across the medium.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Wapitikev   05-06-2008, 07:55 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]For me, the middle period of The Spirit, when it really hit its stride, had some of the best story and art in comics ever -- worth the price for the title splash pages alone. Will Eisner casts a loooong shadow across the medium.[/SIZE]

Amen.

The movie has an interesting cast...a lot of attractive actresses, Samuel L. Jackson, what's not to like?

Here's hoping that Miller can pull off Eisner properly.

-Wapitikev

Miskatonic & Gin   05-11-2008, 01:05 AM
I have faith that Miller will do it justice. Then he can kiss and make up with Marvel and they can give him Daredevil and he can bring the "Born Again" storyline to film.

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
Pages (2): 1 2