Pages (22):    1 11 12 13 14 15 22   
Maggers   05-10-2008, 08:48 PM
jacobm Wrote:ABout Locke's father again. If that episode was in 1955 (or '56), and the girl was say 15, and the guy she was dating was "twice her age" then Locke's father was roughly 30. Which makes his dob 1925. If the show is in 2004, then TMFT would be 79. He did not look 79 when Sawyer whacked him.

Or maybe i'm just reading into this too much and should get a real hobby. like stamps or something.
There are young-looking 79 year olds out there, especially in the 21st Century.

But since LOST is all about time and the perception of time and time on the Island and time off the Island, who knows, maybe he's not 79. Or maybe the Man from Tallahassee is not Locke's father. We don't know for sure if he is or if he's not.

My concern at this moment is for Desmond. He told Sayid he wouldn't set foot on that Island again, yet it doesn't seem as though he got off the freighter. However, we know so little it's hard to say.

If Locke is able to move the Island in time, no one will be able to find it again. Maybe that's how the Island has remained so secret for so long - every time it's in trouble, the Island takes two banana steps sideways.

I guess that will be why it will take our intrepid LOST folks two seasons to find it again. Confusedmilewinkgrin:

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Supposition here....

In the coming attractions for tomorrow's episode, the beginning of the 3-part finale, there is a scene in the jungle where a group of people are holding guns on one another. I thought I saw Jack and Kate holding guns on Jack and Kate. Maybe not, but if that is what I saw, perhaps Locke's hiding the Island by shifting it in time creates some sort of duplication of effort, so to speak. That is, if moving the Island in time is what Locke is going to do.

As I said, just supposition. I am most likely mistaken in what I saw.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

bones weep tedium   05-15-2008, 05:01 AM
Maggers Wrote:Supposition here....

In the coming attractions for tomorrow's episode, the beginning of the 3-part finale, there is a scene in the jungle where a group of people are holding guns on one another. I thought I saw Jack and Kate holding guns on Jack and Kate. Maybe not, but if that is what I saw, perhaps Locke's hiding the Island by shifting it in time creates some sort of duplication of effort, so to speak. That is, if moving the Island in time is what Locke is going to do.

As I said, just supposition. I am most likely mistaken in what I saw.

You need to believe in yourself, Maggers.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Maggers   05-15-2008, 10:30 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:You need to believe in yourself, Maggers.

LOL. Bones, you and I both know with this show there is no believing in yourself. The writers hold ALL the cards.

I watched it again and I was wrong. I think it's Sayid and Kate holding guns on a single man, and others in the foreground have Kate and Sayid in their sites.

I should know not to put much stock in coming attractions. They are edited to entice and to fit the time slot.
This post was last modified: 05-15-2008, 09:47 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   05-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Good episode. I will never give more than passing attention to coming attractions. So many questions raised, and oddly, I was concerned for the redheaded archeologist. I have the feeling she and Daniel will wind up staying on the Island.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Marc   05-16-2008, 09:13 AM
I was waiting for the C4 to blow up and have Michael, Desmond and Jin die.
Maggers   05-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Marc B. Wrote:I was waiting for the C4 to blow up and have Michael, Desmond and Jin die.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Oh dear god, I hope not. Well, OK, Michael, sure, blow him to bits. But not Desmond! Not Jin! No, no, no!

I think there has to be a faceoff between Penny and her Dad. Throw Ben into that mix, and you'll have a showdown with Penny and Desmond vs Ben.

Oh hell, they'll be a showdown of everyone vs everyone. Too many ways to cut it.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Alvin Fox   05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Two things.

I'm glad that Jack finally knows about his sister.

And for a minute I thought Keamy was really going to shoot Ben. I was all caught up in the moment and completely forgot that Ben's in the flash forwards. Duh! *smacks forehead*
Maggers   05-16-2008, 02:00 PM
The burden of lies the Oceanic 6 carry is enormous. No wonder they're all cracking up. Or at least the men are. Big Grin

Watching Jack trying not to respond to learning that Claire is his sister was heart breaking. Then watching Claire's now healthy mother stop and look at her unknown grandson, oh my, that was tough, too.

Oh the lies, the lies.

And how about Sun! That scene with her father was awesome. Her daddy didn't raise no fool. Sun is as tough as her old man.

Just watching the reunions had me a tad teary-eyed. Poor Kate. Rolleyes She killed or alienated everyone who might have cared about her, so no warm reunions for her.

I'm so happy that Sayid and his gal are reunited, if only for a while. Sad

This episode was rich with emotion. I liked that.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

cobalt   05-16-2008, 02:10 PM
I enjoyed last night's episode....but oh the questions!

If Sun, Jin and Aaron are on the freighter, how do they get separated.
How is it decided who gets to leave?
Who comes up with the story of another island and the typhoon?
Does "moving" the island cause the typhoon?
Just how does teflon Ben get away from the troops?

And most of all.......all that remain on the island...what is to become of them?

I'll ponder some more and I'm sure I'll have more questions.

EWMAN
Pages (22):    1 11 12 13 14 15 22