Pages (22):    1 7 8 9 10 11 22   
Maggers   05-04-2008, 05:11 PM
bones weep tedium Wrote:...Jack's Dad isn't dead.

Not in a Charlie way, not in a 'dead on the Island isnt the same thing as dead off the Island' kinda way, but as in never died.

Jack wasnt going over to Sydney to bring his father's body back, he was going over to Sydney to pull an intervention on his boozey old dad.

The reason for the tearful blubbery in the airport wasn't 'becasue I need to bury my father in LA tomorrw, and I just need to get this done.' but becasue 'my dad's only got about X hours of oxygen in there/X hours til the tranquilizers wear off and if you impound the coffin overnight he'll be in for a rude awakening.'

That's why Jack has never seemed particularly fussed when he saw his dad wandering around and an empty coffin.

Big Grin

It's probably no less ludicrous than what the actual programme will turn out to be Wink

You may be on to something. Jack is just nutsy enough to have tried something as crazy and dangerous as that with his father. It that's the case, I bet his father FEELS like he's dead.. waking up on that Island, in a coffin, no less, and with no idea how he got there. That's kinda hilarious.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   05-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:....Juliet.....and further makes me feel she's truly a good person, no matter what questionable things she may do otherwise.

Yes, I think Juliet truly is one of the good guys. I have always liked her, even when she was doing questionable things.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   05-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm watching the last episode again. When Kate told Jack that she couldn't have him in that upset/drugged/drunk state around her son, he yelled at her..."YOUR son, you're not even RELATED to him." That could be interpreted a couple of ways. Kate is not Aaron's mother, or Kate isn't related but Jack is.

Maybe Jack's and Claire's relationship is revealed before Jack leaves the Island.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   05-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Maggers Wrote:Maybe Jack's and Claire's relationship is revealed before Jack leaves the Island.
Does Jack have a picture of his dad? Maybe Miles sees it and says, "Hey, that's the guy that Claire called 'Dad' and then went with into the jungle."

Or maybe somehow through Sawyer, since Sawyer also can recognize Christian as Jack's father.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   05-04-2008, 07:43 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Does Jack have a picture of his dad? Maybe Miles sees it and says, "Hey, that's the guy that Claire called 'Dad' and then went with into the jungle."

Or maybe somehow through Sawyer, since Sawyer also can recognize Christian as Jack's father.
It could be through any of those scenarios. I think the link will be Miles.

Hurley has also seen Jack's dad, for that matter, though Hurley only got a brief glimpse in the dark.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   05-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Maggers Wrote:It could be through any of those scenarios. I think the link will be Miles.

Hurley has also seen Jack's dad, for that matter, though Hurley only got a brief glimpse in the dark.

But would Hugo recognize Christian as Jack's father, or is Sawyer the only one? Miles wouldn't, unless through his "power" or if shown a picture.

Again, this goes to what do we the audience know? versus what do the characters know? :p

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
Maggers   05-04-2008, 08:08 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:But would Hugo recognize Christian as Jack's father, or is Sawyer the only one? Miles wouldn't, unless through his "power" or if shown a picture.
I didn't say Hurley would know that the person he saw in the chair for a nano second before he ran screaming into the dark was an image of Jack's father. I just said that he has seen that image.

That's why I said Miles was the link. Miles saw Jack's father, who Miles will think of as Claire's father because that's what she called the image within earshot of Miles. Miles may wind up describing the image to the group, and Jack may hear it, as might Sawyer. I said something similar to this a couple of pages back. But I know, I know, no one reads my posts and no one reads back that far when they are posting.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   05-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Looks like this week's episode "Cabin Fever" we are going to get glimpses into Locke's childhood. And some more Richard Alpert. Big Grin
This post was last modified: 05-05-2008, 09:05 PM by jimbow8.

Maggers   05-05-2008, 09:37 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:... And some more Richard Alpert...
Woo hoo! I'm always up for seeing more of Richard Albert, and his eyeliner.Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Alvin Fox   05-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Okay, here's something I noticed about the last episode... The beeping from the smoke detector is from a dying battery, so you'd be quick to assume that Christian Shephard isn't the smoke monster. But, Christian doesn't appear until Jack takes the battery out. Could it have been waiting for the opportunity to manifest itself? I say 'waiting' because early in the episode, when Jack is reading to Aaron, there is a shot of the headboard of Aaron's bed and what looks to be a smoke detector attached to it. If you go back and look for it it's fairly obvious. Are Jack and Kate trying to protect Aaron from the Island? Just wanted to point these things out.
Pages (22):    1 7 8 9 10 11 22