Pages (3):    1 2 3
Animagess   08-08-2004, 07:46 PM
I knew I had to post something here or I'd be kicking myself for the rest of the day. I cleaned up the rakosh from the wino wallpaper and added some text. So there you have it!

(Oh, in case you didn't notice, it's Scar-lip in all its hideous glory. I'm guessing the claws are retracted.)

[Image: rakosh_full.jpg]

P.S.: Great job on the other pics, you two. I like the bubbly one. He looks like a mean skull-headed nastie.

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-08-2004, 09:03 PM
XiaoYu Wrote:All right then, here's my interpretation...I always imagined them as raptor-ish; intelligent, agile. Hope you can tell what scene I tried to capture... Smile

That is really excellent. Top shelf all the way.
Kenji   08-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Quote:Hey, cool, glad it works with the book images of the rakoshi. I might smooth her out a bit more, add some more details. I just wish I was better with people so I could stick a shadowy Jack crouched on the rooftop, splashing gas and getting ready to cook his rakosh-kabob

Quote:i think the picture kenji posted depicts it best, because you can sort of see how they at one time may have looked human.

Thanks. It was a time-consuming job...three days!
Animagess   08-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Too bad the Japanese book cover didn't have the full rakoshi from head to toe. I would have liked to see the rest...

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
Ken Valentine   08-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Ouch! Well,.......how about this?

I'm not criticizing the picture you posted Kenji. I said before that it was teriffic . . . and I still mean it. It's just that the artwork Xiao Yu created -- especially the head -- fits my mental image of what the Rakoshi really look like.

This isn't an issue of right or wrong . . . it's merely a matter of taste.

FPW described them as looking like a bodybuilder with elongated arms, legs, and torso. The head was like a shark with a blunted snout, and the eyes moved forward.

The body of your Rakosh is the best, with the greatly defined muscles, but the head doesn't quite work for me. Xiao Yu's head does. So overall, I think hers is the best.

Animagess' work is also really good. I just think that her musculature would show up better if the elbow, wrist, knee, and ankle joints were smaller.

If I can find the time, maybe I should try playing with it myself . . . if I had the talent. Big Grin

Ken V.
Pages (3):    1 2 3