Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Dorian   08-03-2004, 04:34 AM
Hey all,
I had read The Tomb a long time ago and I completely loved it. Recently I met up with an old friend and he mentioned that there were more Repairman Jack books! Happily I searched them out and I have been ingesting them with gusto. I just finished "All the Rage" and each book is better than the last.

But in all my online searches for pictures of rakosh I have come up with almost nothing, just some cartoon style drawings. Do any of you know where I might find some serious rakosh art? Has this been done?

It gets me to thinking that if one were to commission an artist to make some drawings, how would you describe the rakosh and what do you think would be the most important features of these curious 300 pound killing machines? What passages in which books would you give to this artist for his consumption?
Thanks
-Dorian
Ken Valentine   08-03-2004, 06:02 AM
Dorian Wrote:Hey all,
I had read The Tomb a long time ago and I completely loved it. Recently I met up with an old friend and he mentioned that there were more Repairman Jack books! Happily I searched them out and I have been ingesting them with gusto. I just finished "All the Rage" and each book is better than the last.

But in all my online searches for pictures of rakosh I have come up with almost nothing, just some cartoon style drawings. Do any of you know where I might find some serious rakosh art? Has this been done?

It gets me to thinking that if one were to commission an artist to make some drawings, how would you describe the rakosh and what do you think would be the most important features of these curious 300 pound killing machines? What passages in which books would you give to this artist for his consumption?
Thanks
-Dorian

Well, naturally, it would be THE TOMB, with a little embellishment in ALL THE RAGE.

Think of a seven plus foot tall bulked-out body builder with elongated arms, legs, and torso. Each hand has three digits with retractable claws -- probably the feet as well. The head is shaped like that of a shark with a blunted nose and the eyes moved forward. The skin is such a dark blue as to appear almost black. Yellow eyes with vertical slit pupils like a cat. Although I can't remember actual mention, my impression is that they are completely hairless.

Hmmmm. The wife of a good friend of mine is an artist . . . hmmmmm . . .

Ken V.
Kenji   08-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Dorian Wrote:But in all my online searches for pictures of rakosh I have come up with almost nothing, just some cartoon style drawings. Do any of you know where I might find some serious rakosh art? Has this been done?

Thanks
-Dorian

Hi,Dorian. Welcome to board.

How about this? This picture was drawn by Japanese book cover artists Makoto Matsunaga and Jun Sueya. Of course, This is Japanese edition The Tomb. 
This post was last modified: 08-06-2004, 09:04 PM by Kenji.
Susan   08-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Dorian Wrote:Hey all,

Thanks
-Dorian

I wouldn't mind a pic of a Rakosh! I tried to create one a few days ago and it ended up looking like a grouper on acid. Very scary, but not in a good way.

It ain't easy drawing believable monsters. It's a gift that I don't have.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
SteveBlack   08-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Susan Wrote:I wouldn't mind a pic of a Rakosh!

Susan

There's a piccie on Lisa's site : http://www.ghosts.org/rj/photos.html
Susan   08-04-2004, 10:47 AM
SteveBlack Wrote:There's a piccie on Lisa's site : http://www.ghosts.org/rj/photos.html

Yeah, but it looks like one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
XiaoYu   08-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Hmm...I have to agree with the ninja turtles look to that rakosh there. Maybe I could try a sketch sometime... :p

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
cyber-jack   08-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Susan Wrote:Yeah, but it looks like one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Susan

I think that picture is actually of Frappucino, the forgotten turtle. He's the one that got all wired up on caffiene and went on that killing spree.
SteveBlack   08-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Susan Wrote:Yeah, but it looks like one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Susan
LOL - you're spot on Susan!! I've seen that pic lots of times and it's never looked like that before - you've shattered my dream Sad

Steve
P.S. Did you know they're called Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles here in the UK as the "Powers That Be" decided for me that the word Ninja will destroy my mind and make me shoot up my school or kill myself or go (with my banned rifle) to the top of the bell tower.
This post was last modified: 08-05-2004, 06:49 AM by SteveBlack.
Ken Valentine   08-05-2004, 06:21 AM
XiaoYu Wrote:Hmm...I have to agree with the ninja turtles look to that rakosh there. Maybe I could try a sketch sometime... :p

I'm sure we would all love to see your interpretation.

That one was done by our own Animagess.

Ken V.
Pages (3): 1 2 3