Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-22-2008, 11:14 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:That was almost evil. Ok it made me laugh so I'll take out the word almost and just say, That was evil.

Universal Monsters would be a great band name. Probably get sued. I always wanted to name a band "Iggy Stardust and the Stooges from Mars" get booked in some punk dive and either come out as a folk or barbershop quartet. Do some mellow songs and see how many people I could piss off.

Yup! Two acoustic guitarists singing the Childe ballads, maybe.
DogWoman   04-22-2008, 06:43 PM
ImDeranged Wrote:That was almost evil. Ok it made me laugh so I'll take out the word almost and just say, That was evil.

Universal Monsters would be a great band name. Probably get sued. I always wanted to name a band "Iggy Stardust and the Stooges from Mars" get booked in some punk dive and either come out as a folk or barbershop quartet. Do some mellow songs and see how many people I could piss off.

HAHAH.

Other bands the hubby and I thought up years ago (I'm giving away my age):

Kool and the Gang of Four
The Human League of Gentlemen

The present state of the world is not the proof of philosophy’s impotence, but the proof of philosophy’s power. It is philosophy that has brought men to this state—it is only philosophy that can lead them out.

Ayn Rand, “For the New Intellectual,” For the New Intellectual, 50.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-22-2008, 07:00 PM
DogWoman Wrote:HAHAH.

Other bands the hubby and I thought up years ago (I'm giving away my age):

Kool and the Gang of Four
The Human League of Gentlemen

Hey, DogWoman, I'm 54. Never will forget, on the Ed Sullivan Show, The Dave Clark 666.
Miskatonic & Gin   04-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Blast my red-kryptonite mutated hide, Miskatonic, but wouldn't that be a fine name for a band? Universal Monsters?Wink:p

I'll play bass and dress as the Gill Man. We need a Dracula lead singer. Frankie on drums, Frankie's bride on the keys, Imhotep can play the sax and the Wolfman will shred the six string. Our first single could be called "Why You Gotta Roma Me, Sal?" off our debut album "Music From the Pine Barrens Vol I". Or how about "Tires keep Fallin' on My Head" sung to the tune of "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head".

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
RichE   04-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Maggers Wrote:Why do I associate Boris Karloff's slight lisp with that? Is it from THE MUMMY? I saw that movie with my brothers over and over again on Channel 9 Metromedia TV back in the '60's on their "movie of the week." They'd play the same movie for a week right after school. It was great. I also remember loving "The Crawling Eye."

I picked up the same Karloff one liner myself way back when as well. By the way, "THE CRAWLING EYE" is now on Image DVD under its original title "THE TROLLENBERG TERROR" despite the cover art on the DVD as "The Crawling Eye". Nice widescreen transfer as well. Another Channel 9 (Ahhh WOR!!!) was "Macumba Love" which is coming out-restored-on VCI!
Maggers   04-23-2008, 01:42 PM
RichE Wrote:... Channel 9 (Ahhh WOR!!!)...

WOR! Yes! They had a theme song for Movie of the Week, and I can still sing it, or rather, hum it since it was an instrumental. It's a piece of classical music, whose name I do not know, but whenever I hear it, I think of THE MUMMY. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

RichE   04-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Maggers Wrote:WOR! Yes! They had a theme song for Movie of the Week, and I can still sing it, or rather, hum it since it was an instrumental. It's a piece of classical music, whose name I do not know, but whenever I hear it, I think of THE MUMMY. Big Grin

I used to watch "SUPERNATURAL THEATRE" on Friday night on good ole WOR(not to mention JOE FRANKLIN). They used "TARA'S THEME" on "MILLION DOLLAR MOVIE" and ran the same movie over and over again all day on Sat. and Sunday-during the week at 4PM-I OD'd on watching "HERCULES" with Steve Reeves (I said to comic Dennis Miller not too long ago that its a small wonder I didn't get into leather and move to Frisco because of "HERCULES" and Million Dollar movie). Man I miss the small Indy tv stations!
Maggers   04-24-2008, 12:33 AM
RichE Wrote:I used to watch "SUPERNATURAL THEATRE" on Friday night on good ole WOR(not to mention JOE FRANKLIN). They used "TARA'S THEME" on "MILLION DOLLAR MOVIE" and ran the same movie over and over again all day on Sat. and Sunday-during the week at 4PM-I OD'd on watching "HERCULES" with Steve Reeves (I said to comic Dennis Miller not too long ago that its a small wonder I didn't get into leather and move to Frisco because of "HERCULES" and Million Dollar movie). Man I miss the small Indy tv stations!
Million Dollar Movie! Yes! OMG, "Tara's Theme!" Yes!

But the theme I'm thinking of is not from GWTW. It's a dynamic piece of classical music.

Man, brings back memories. Who was that dracula-like kind of goofy guy who I think introduced movies. I can see his pale face in make up. His name is just out of reach ....

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

RichE   04-24-2008, 01:44 AM
ZACHERLEY!!!!!! Met John several times when I used to go to the Chiller Cons
(then they got way too strange for my taste) and talked about the Art Scene at the Big Apple. Zach used to live in a flat that had a manic piano player living next door who banged out the keys at 3AM. Zach was on WPIX Channel 11 in NY. Great Days!!!
DogWoman   04-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Maggers Wrote:Million Dollar Movie! Yes! OMG, "Tara's Theme!" Yes!

But the theme I'm thinking of is not from GWTW. It's a dynamic piece of classical music.

Man, brings back memories. Who was that dracula-like kind of goofy guy who I think introduced movies. I can see his pale face in make up. His name is just out of reach ....

Ah, but Pittsburgh had Chilly Billy Cardilly on Chiller Theater on Saturday Nights. Count Floyd on SCTV was a takeoff on that show.

The theme song was "Experiment in Terror" by Henry Mancini. You'd know it if you heard it.

The present state of the world is not the proof of philosophy’s impotence, but the proof of philosophy’s power. It is philosophy that has brought men to this state—it is only philosophy that can lead them out.

Ayn Rand, “For the New Intellectual,” For the New Intellectual, 50.
Pages (3):    1 2 3