Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 6 7   
Wapitikev   04-22-2008, 09:50 PM
KRW Wrote:All I know for sure is that they have to work in "ACDC's" Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". That's a must.Smile

Next to NY,NY that is the best suggestion I've heard yet!

CLASSIC!

If they don't use it for RJ1 then it has GOT to be the themesong for RJ2!

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
KRW   04-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Next to NY,NY that is the best suggestion I've heard yet!

CLASSIC!

If they don't use it for RJ1 then it has GOT to be the themesong for RJ2!

-Wapitikev

I could see them playing NY, NY when Jack is following Kusum in "the Green Machine"Smile

I also thought everyone considered DDDDC as Jack's theme song.Big Grin
NickelobLight   04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Wow...I didn't even think of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap...and I had Thunderstruck in mine!

After much consideration, I nominate Rock the Casbah by the Clash for a scene with Jack and Kasumi <ahem> rocking the casbah so to speak.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H.L. Mencken

Let not thy will roar when thy power can but whisper. -Dr. Thomas Fuller (1654-1734), Gnomologia, 1732

[Image: dfb17bf94b00b1e2eb_5.jpg] [Image: s_logo_tampa.gif]
Wapitikev   04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
webby Wrote:I'm thinking it's a pretty safe bet to say Steely Dan:

[INDENT]"You go back, Jack, do it again, wheels turinin' 'round and 'round
You go back, Jack, do it again..."[/INDENT]

Besides, somewhere in the murky parts of my memory I seem to have a faint recollection of either Jack, FPW (or both?) admitting to a fondness for Steely Dan.

And here's my nomination for the soundtrack: Tom Sawyer by Rush.

[INDENT]"A modern-day warrior
Mean mean stride,
Today's Tom Sawyer
Mean mean pride...

No, his mind is not for rent
To any god or government.
Always hopeful, yet discontent,
He knows changes aren't permanent,
But change is...

The world is, the world is,
Love and life are deep,
Maybe as his eyes are wide."[/INDENT]

That's pretty much a perfect choice, IMHO. Wink

As a proud hoser, I must agree that Geddy Lee and the Rush boys deserve to be in the RJ1 movie with this one...but this isn't the most perfect match (see KRW's post later on).

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 04-22-2008, 11:21 PM by Wapitikev.

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
KRW   04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:(see KRM's post later on).

-Wapitikev

Great! Now I'm reduced to KRM! Thanks!:mad:
Wapitikev   04-22-2008, 11:21 PM
KRW Wrote:Great! Now I'm reduced to KRM! Thanks!:mad:

I humbly apologize, KRW. I will modify the post to give the correct credit.

-Wapetykiv Smile

KRW   04-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:I humbly apologize, KRW. I will modify the post to give the correct credit.

-Wapetykiv Smile

Big Grin
jimbow8   04-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Twilight Zone by Golden Earing

Untitled by Collective Soul

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
jimbow8   04-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:As a proud hoser, I must agree that Geddy Lee and the Rush boys deserve to be in the RJ1 movie with this one...but this isn't the most perfect match (see KRW's post later on).

-Wapitikev

How about Die Hard the Hunter by Def Leppard?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
webby   04-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:As a proud hoser, I must agree that Geddy Lee and the Rush boys deserve to be in the RJ1 movie with this one...but this isn't the most perfect match (see KRW's post later on).

-Wapitikev

I agree DDDDC might be good for the soundtrack, but disagree that it suits RJ better than TS. Jack doesn't come "dirt cheap", but he is a really close match to the description of the modern day Tom Sawyer in the Rush tune.

Completely unrelated sidenote - I'm a native Wisconsinite myself, so that makes us sorta like cousins, eh? Big Grin

jimbow8 Wrote:Twilight Zone by Golden Earing

Liking that one a bunch. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 6 7