Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7   
Wapitikev   04-23-2008, 12:42 AM
webby Wrote:I agree DDDDC might be good for the soundtrack, but disagree that it suits RJ better than TS. Jack doesn't come "dirt cheap", but he is a really close match to the description of the modern day Tom Sawyer in the Rush tune.

Completely unrelated sidenote - I'm a native Wisconsinite myself, so that makes us sorta like cousins, eh? Big Grin

Today's Tom Sawyer and DDDDC are the two songs that fit Jack best, but I pesonally liked AC/DC better, back in the day (I was not a rush fan gorwing up...more Max Webster/Kim Mitchell...my attitudes have mellowed as the decades flowed by however). I fancy that Mark Twain would consider Jack worthy of the moniker.

Wisconsin, eh.

Well, with the hockey crazy people and the wide open spaces, we pratically are related. I'm watching San Jose vs Calgary in game 7, right now (go SHARKS!) while, outside, the wind howls and the snow falls and it is only 4 degrees fahreheit. I'm a little further North and to the left of Wisconsin however (about 2000 miles). I cannot fathom why there is no NHL team there but Nashville has one.

If Dave Thomas, a Canadian, can play a character on News Radio from Wisconsin then that's close enough for me. You can call me cuz (short for cousin) if you like. Smile

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Miskatonic & Gin   04-23-2008, 12:55 AM
For the record I heartily recommend every one of these songs, the albums they appear on and the artists that performed them.

"Maneater", Hall and Oates
"The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)" Simon & Garfunkel
"I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good", Etta James
"Leggo Beast", Steel Pulse
"You Got Another Thing Comin", Judas Priest
"Why You Gotta Roma Me, Sal?" , Universal Monsters
"Fire in the Hole", Steely Dan
"With A Little Luck", Paul McCartney
"Esta Noche", The Twilight Singers
"Don't Make Me Wait Too Long", Barry White
"Cruel Summer" Bananarama
"Daddy Don't Live in That New York City No More", Steely Dan
"The Temple", The Afghan Whigs
"She's Alive", Andre 3000
"Bring 'Em Back Alive", Audioslave
"This Ain't the Summer of Love", Blue Oyster Cult
"Who Was In My Room Last Night", The Butthole Surfers
"Hit that Jive, Jack", Diana Krall
"World Turning", Fleetwood Mac
"Ain't That Unusual", Goo Goo Dolls
"Wrong Girl", Jane's Addiction
"Mr. Wilson", KINGS X
"No Quarter", Led Zeppelin
"What's Going On?", Marvin Gaye
"The House Jack Built", Metallica
"Suddenly Last Summer", The Motels
"Vital Signs", RUSH
"Superunknown", Soundgarden
"Royal Scam", Steely Dan
"Have A Nice Day", Stereophonics
"Peeling An Orange", Talk Show
"Powder Burns", The Twilight Singers
"I'm Just A Lucky So And So", Tony Bennett

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
Anders Monsen   04-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:For the record I heartily recommend every one of these songs, the albums they appear on and the artists that performed them.

"Why You Gotta Roma Me, Sal?" , Universal Monsters

Um, Roma + Sal = Rasalom...
Wapitikev   04-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Anders Monsen Wrote:Um, Roma + Sal = Rasalom...

Good to see I wasn't the only one who caught that...and the band name is from a thread on this board that FPW started a day or so ago (I'd give cred to Lindner if I didn't think it would go to his head).

Very sly M&G. We're still paying attention.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Kenji   04-28-2008, 11:34 AM
I think "You Belong To The City(Glenn Frey)" is good for ending theme. This is definitely song for Jack! Big Grin

The sun goes down, the night rolls in
You can feel it starting all over again
The moon comes up and the music calls
You're gettin' tired of starin' at the same four walls

You're out of your room and down on the street
Movin' through the crowd and the midnight heat
The traffic crawls, the sirens scream
You look at the faces, it's just like a dream
Nobody knows where you're goin'
Nobody cares where you've been

'Cause you belong to the city
You belong to the night
Livin' in a river of darkness
Beneath the neon lights

You were born in the city
Concrete under your feet
It's in your moves, it's in your blood
You're a man of the streets

When you said goodbye, you were on the run
Tryin' to get away from the things you've done
Now you're back again, and you're feeling strange
So much has happened, but nothing has changed
You still don't know where you're goin'
You're still just a face in the crowd

You belong to the city
You belong to the night
Livin' in a river of darkness
Beneath the neon lights

You were born in the city
Concrete under your feet
It's in your blood, it's in your moves
You're a man of the street

You can feel it, you can taste it
You can see it, you can face it
You can hear it, hey, you're getting near it, hey
You wanna make it, cause you can take it
You belong to the city, you belong to the night
You belong to the city, you belong to the night
You belong, You belong
Wapitikev   04-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Kenji Wrote:I think "You Belong To The City(Glenn Frey)" is good for ending theme. This is definitely song for Jack! Big Grin

Hey! Love the new Avatar!

Another classic Miami Vice TV Series song! One of Glenn Frey's best without the rest of the Eagles.

I nominated In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins a while back.

This thread just keeps getting stronger.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev   04-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Kenji Wrote:I think "You Belong To The City(Glenn Frey)" is good for ending theme.

Although, considering the eternal struggle that Jack is becoming a part of, Games Without Frontiers by Peter Gabriel might also be good for the ending theme. If not for RJ1 then for definitely for Conspiracies.

-Wapitikev

Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Hey! Love the new Avatar!

Another classic Miami Vice TV Series song! One of Glenn Frey's best without the rest of the Eagles.

I nominated In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins a while back.

This thread just keeps getting stronger.

-Wapitikev

Well, let's corny up.

Jack hears on his voice mail, "I'm sorry, Jack. It's over. It really is over. I can't love a man I can't trust. Please don't call anymore."

Jack nurses his sorrow at Julio's. A certain Ray Charles song vibrates the air...

"Jack, you OK?"
"I'm fine, Julio."
"You sure?"
"I'm sure. Gracias, hermano."
"You doan look happy, hermano."
"I'm laughing on the inside."
Wapitikev   04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, let's corny up.

Jack hears on his voice mail, "I'm sorry, Jack. It's over. It really is over. I can't love a man I can't trust. Please don't call anymore."

Jack nurses his sorrow at Julio's. A certain Ray Charles song vibrates the air...

"Jack, you OK?"
"I'm fine, Julio."
"You sure?"
"I'm sure. Gracias, hermano."
"You doan look happy, hermano."
"I'm laughing on the inside."

I think they already cut that scene, Mike. [all the soap opera fans rise from their chairs in outrage!]

-Wapitikev

Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:I think they already cut that scene, Mike. [all the soap opera fans rise from their chairs in outrage!]

-Wapitikev

I ain't surprised. Very few appreciate true art anymore, and they're mostly dead.Sad
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7