Pages (2):    1 2
Wapitikev   04-10-2008, 02:38 AM
Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:Actually, I think you guys may have misunderstood me. All of the above is completely Otherness driven. Everything in the book pointed to either Anya or The Otherness. I was referring to Anya's comments that "The Ally is involved here as well, though tenuously". I've haven't found anything to point to that so I thought someone may have a take on her comments. The sink hole, dump truck, Dormentalists, etc, etc is all part of the plan to get the world ready for Nightworld and totally Otherness related. If the Ally was involved it was in some capacity that I haven't noticed.

Well, all that information is definitely otherness related.

But Jack is there to see it all and, maybe put the pieces together, at which point he could attempt to stop the Dormentalists and delay their plans to bring on Nightworld...that possibility seems a lot more like an Ally thing than an otherness thing.

Does to me, anyway.

In addition, another Ally thing is that Jack reconciling with his Father will require the Ally to kill him later in order to make Jack into his spear...so that would be another connection.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Libby   04-11-2008, 07:21 PM
The Ally, I think, was responsible for Tom not being able to go to Florida, making Jack have to. Also for Jack seeing the truck of sand and being able to talk to the driver, because it is nessesary for Jack to know about the truck in Crisscross.
Miskatonic & Gin   04-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Libby Wrote:The Ally, I think, was responsible for Tom not being able to go to Florida, making Jack have to. Also for Jack seeing the truck of sand and being able to talk to the driver, because it is nessesary for Jack to know about the truck in Crisscross.

Welcome to the boards Libby. I think you have something there. I hadn't thought of either of those and it totally makes sense. By having Jack reconnect with his father it would make later events hurt that much more and cause Jack to devote even more anger towards the Otherness while furthering the "spear with no branches" scenario. Thumbs up to the newbie!

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
Ken Valentine   04-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Libby Wrote:The Ally, I think, was responsible for Tom not being able to go to Florida, making Jack have to.

Welcome to the board Libby!

As for Tom, It seems to me that it was his own hedonistic self-centeredness which was the reason he refused to go to Florida. He just doesn't care about anybody but himself -- as was clearly illustrated in Infernal and Secret Histories.

Ken V.
Miskatonic & Gin   04-12-2008, 02:47 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Welcome to the board Libby!

As for Tom, It seems to me that it was his own hedonistic self-centeredness which was the reason he refused to go to Florida. He just doesn't care about anybody but himself -- as was clearly illustrated in Infernal and Secret Histories.

Ken V.

Actually, I don't think Tom could leave town and go to Florida even if he wanted to. If I remember correctly he was in some hot water and had been told not to leave the city as he was currently being investigated for taking bribes and other judicial transgressions. An argument could be made that the Ally had a hand in exposing Tom's wrongdoings to the authorities so that he could get busted and Jack would have to go to Florida.

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
Libby   04-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Thank you for the welcome. It is great to be able to talk to other Repairman Jack fans.Smile

As for the conversation, it is very possible that the Ally directed Tom onto the path that gets the feds after him, as you stated before, because the Ally might have known that the Lilitongue was in Jack's future, and would need someone who happens to have very similar DNA, has no life that is worth living, and they might as well pick someone that they need to get rid of any way. I know that all the business about the Lilitongue is Tom's fault, but the Ally might not have known exactly how it would get to Jack. But then again, maybe not.
This post was last modified: 04-12-2008, 05:54 PM by Libby.
Pages (2):    1 2