Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Maggers   02-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Noelie Wrote:Yes, I saw that and I've been puzzling over how they're going to do it. I imagine LOTS of editing both of content and of language, and the show just won't be the same. Imagine an edited Doakes. :eek:

If they clean up DEXTER it will not be the same show. Think of his scumbag psycho girlfriend who liked flashing her titties. That can't stay. His sister has the foulest mouth on the planet. She just won't be Deborah if she can't curse. And what about the blood? How can they have Dexter do what Dexter does and not cut it, no pun intended?

They'd better leave our DEXTER alone.
This post was last modified: 02-17-2008, 09:42 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

phoenix rising   02-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Maggers Wrote:If they clean up DEXTER it will not be the same show. Think of his scumbag psycho girlfriend who liked flashing her titties. That can't stay. His sister has the foulest mouth on the planet. She just won't be Deborah if she can't curse. And what about the blood? How can they have Dexter do what Dexter does and not cut it, no pun intended?

Yeah my funny imagery on doakes and Deb, if they ever hung out outside a 7-11 it would be like the cop versions of Jay and Silent Bob.
Noelie   02-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Maggers Wrote:If they clean up DEXTER it will not be the same show. Think of his scumbag psycho girlfriend who liked flashing her titties. That can't stay. His sister has the foulest mouth on the planet. She just won't be Deborah if she can't curse. And what about the blood? How can they have Dexter do what Dexter does and not cut it, no pun intended?

Agreed. I really don't know what's up with the whole thing. I don't think I've ever heard of a cable series being shown on regular TV. It's just bizarre. I have these mental images of those really bad edits I hear in movies on regular TV, with someone who doesn't sound at all like the actor, saying things like, "I got my eye on you, motherfreaker." Yuck.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Maggers   02-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Noelie Wrote:Agreed. ....saying things like, "I got my eye on you, motherfreaker." Yuck.

Yup, that's exactly what happened. There was a lot of freakin', motherfreaker, and silly things like that. It seems like they said most of that off screen. I don't remember how much blood splattered when Dexter did his thing in the Showtime version. There was no blood splatter when Dexter did his first victim on CBS. Hmmm.....

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Noelie   02-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Maggers Wrote:Yup, that's exactly what happened. There was a lot of freakin', motherfreaker, and silly things like that. It seems like they said most of that off screen. I don't remember how much blood splattered when Dexter did his thing in the Showtime version. There was no blood splatter when Dexter did his first victim on CBS. Hmmm.....

Blah. I was thinking about this earlier today and I wonder how people are gonna react who've never seen it uncensored... it seems like a lot of what makes the show so good would be so watered down that it would lose its punch. Hmm.

EWMAN, Jr.
Scott Miller   02-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Noelie Wrote:Agreed. I really don't know what's up with the whole thing. I don't think I've ever heard of a cable series being shown on regular TV. It's just bizarre. I have these mental images of those really bad edits I hear in movies on regular TV, with someone who doesn't sound at all like the actor, saying things like, "I got my eye on you, motherfreaker." Yuck.

Reminds me of a comic who was wondering why everyone was thanking each other in the edited for TV version of Scarface.

"Thank you!"

"Thank me, no. Thank you!"

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Scott Miller   02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
I watched a couple of Dexters last night and the ante went way up on the "Return To Sender" episode; the one where Ice Truck retrieves the body from the ocean and returns it to the scene. Good stuff.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Noelie   02-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I watched a couple of Dexters last night and the ante went way up on the "Return To Sender" episode; the one where Ice Truck retrieves the body from the ocean and returns it to the scene. Good stuff.

Yes, yes it is. Big Grin

EWMAN, Jr.
Kenji   02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
HEROES is now my favorite show. Yesterday I watched #13 in Season 1. George Takei played Hiro's father.

The funny thing, Hiro's father's car license plate was NCC-1701. Big Grin
Schwinn160   02-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Kenji Wrote:HEROES is now my favorite show. Yesterday I watched #13 in Season 1. George Takei played Hiro's father.

The funny thing, Hiro's father's car license plate was NCC-1701. Big Grin

Just one of the easter eggs they tossed in for fanboys. Smile
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4