RepairmanJack.com Forums
Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Heroes, Weeds, Dexter (/thread-2647.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Scott Miller - 12-28-2007

I just finished Season 1 of Heroes and begun Season 2 of Weeds, Season 1 of Dexter.

Heroes is considerably better than most TV, but still lacked something to push it into greatness.

Weeds is the wildest show out there. I don't find the characters all that realistic but I don't care-the show makes me laugh and think, what else could a viewer want?

Dexter I'm semi-disappointed with after all the raves from the board here. I think Michael C. Hall is fantastic and I love the premise but I really hope his sister and the captain show some intelligence soon, and that Doakes becomes less of a buffoon. I have only watched the first three episodes and like it well enough to continue but those three are irritating to the extent that I may ff through their parts.

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Tony H - 12-28-2007

I wished it was my first time watching Heroes. I remember when it first started, what a thrill. Then the lackluster finale and season 2 really left me disappointed.

Dexter is a pretty good show, I like it, but have to watch it on bit torrent as i don't have showtime.

Weeds, just haven't watched it. Based on your review I will probably buy season 1. If it isn't any good I'll have to kill you.

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Schwinn160 - 12-28-2007

Dexter reminds me of a book I read called The Closer. It was gruesome, but the same type of story pretty much.

Hope Heroes moves faster next time around. I asked it in another thread, but does anyone here read the free PDF Heroes novels?

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Maggers - 12-28-2007

Stick with DEXTER, Scott, it's worth it.

I liked the first couple of seasons of WEEDS better than the third which just closed. It is a wild show, but the best of it is brother-in-law Andy, who barely surfaced in the third season.

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - luthie2 - 12-28-2007

AsMoral Wrote:I wished it was my first time watching Heroes. I remember when it first started, what a thrill. Then the lackluster finale and season 2 really left me disappointed.

Dexter is a pretty good show, I like it, but have to watch it on bit torrent as i don't have showtime.

Weeds, just haven't watched it. Based on your review I will probably buy season 1. If it isn't any good I'll have to kill you.

I was absolutely wild about Heroes when it first came out, but am a lot less enthused now. I think what started turning me off about this show is the way that they kill characters off right and left. I get emotionally involved with characters and their stories. Just when I start to really like one of the characters, they bump him/her off.

-Luthie

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Kenji - 12-28-2007

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter............Hmm.

I haven't seen them yet! Sad Hopefully, next year....well, actually Heroes's DVD come out next February. I'm looking forward to Heroes! Cool

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Noelie - 01-02-2008

Like Maggers said, stick with Dexter. I found Deb somewhat annoying at the beginning, but as Jennifer Carpenter hit her stride in the role she became tons better (at least to me). I have such a girl crush on Deb, sometimes I wish I could be that flat out obnoxious to people I don't like. Big Grin And Doakes, well.. Doakes is Doakes. Wink

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Scott Miller - 01-03-2008

AsMoral Wrote:Then the lackluster finale and season 2 really left me disappointed.

Heroes spoilers ahead.

I'm apparently one of the minority who didn't find the ending terribly disappointing-didn't think it was great but I thought it suitable for the show. I knew that Nathan was going to take Peter away when they showed that flashforward a few episodes earlier. I'm curious as to how others would have like to seen it end.

AsMoral Wrote:Weeds, just haven't watched it. Based on your review I will probably buy season 1. If it isn't any good I'll have to kill you.

Weeds will be right up your alley I believe. One of the nice things about it is that the episodes are only 30 minutes and each season is only 12 episodes so it isn't a huge investment in time.

Maggers Wrote:Stick with DEXTER, Scott, it's worth it.

I liked the first couple of seasons of WEEDS better than the third which just closed. It is a wild show, but the best of it is brother-in-law Andy, who barely surfaced in the third season.

That is a shame about Andy because his exploits are indeed the funniest part of the show, the fact that he tried becoming a Rabbi killed me.

Noelie Wrote:Like Maggers said, stick with Dexter. I found Deb somewhat annoying at the beginning, but as Jennifer Carpenter hit her stride in the role she became tons better (at least to me). I have such a girl crush on Deb, sometimes I wish I could be that flat out obnoxious to people I don't like. Big Grin And Doakes, well.. Doakes is Doakes. Wink

Good to hear about Deb because I was bummed that such a clever, manipulating character like Dexter would be most closely connected to such an idiot unrealistic. I'll be watching the reast of Season 1 next week.