Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Sigokat   02-20-2008, 05:04 AM
Noelie Wrote:Sig, that was just my sarcastic way of saying that I really didn't know what the hell he was getting at either. Just the sarcasm didn't translate that well. Wink

Confused know-it-all... not sure why, but that tickled my funny bone. I'm still giggling.

Noelie, no, your sarcasm translated just fine (this guy helped too Rolleyes )

I was pretty much just agreeing with you.

Confused know-it-all...lol...with Mr. Wilson's permission I think I'm going to start using that phrase to refer to a particular person on my camp that has been nothing but a hemmroid on my ass since I got here. (its okay, he's the same rank as I am) Smile

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
fpw   02-20-2008, 09:53 AM
beowulf Wrote:I apparently have to read some of Lovecraft's work, everyone mentions his writings and I know very little about them....

[SIZE="3"]May I suggest: The Best of H. P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre. A reasonably-priced pb ($10 on Amazon) with some very influential stories.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
beowulf   02-20-2008, 10:08 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]May I suggest: The Best of H. P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre. A reasonably-priced pb ($10 on Amazon) with some very influential stories.[/SIZE]

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to add it to my summer reading list. Right now I'm reading "Midnight Mass" along with my required reading such as thrillers like "Evidence", "Wills Trusts and Estates" and "Constitutional Law"....

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
phoenix rising   02-20-2008, 12:16 PM
beowulf Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to add it to my summer reading list. Right now I'm reading "Midnight Mass" along with my required reading such as thrillers like "Evidence", "Wills Trusts and Estates" and "Constitutional Law"....

Sounds like some exciting reading!
beowulf   02-20-2008, 01:02 PM
phoenix rising Wrote:Sounds like some exciting reading!

As exciting as constipation...

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
phoenix rising   02-20-2008, 01:06 PM
beowulf Wrote:As exciting as constipation...

Depending on the person that could be pretty excitingBig Grin
Biggles   02-20-2008, 01:31 PM
sigokat Wrote:So...I'm still confused as to what this guy was trying to say...sounded like he was trying to spout off a bunch of "Rings" knowledge (even though in the extended edition of RoTK it was Aragorn, not Gimli that beheaded The Mouth of Sauron). I remember TMoS being a human in the book and that he did walk away unscathed (after showing the group Frodo's Mithril as "proof" that the ring was recovered) because Gandalf sent him scurrying back with his tail between his legs so to speak.

Still, I'm not sure what this guy was trying to say...to me it sounded like he was saying that The Keep was a psuedo rip off of both LoTR and the other story he referenced...I don't know.

The reason he confused you, and us, is because much of what he said was non sequitur. He didn't make any sense, much as an incomplete sentence or a paragraph without a topic makes no sense.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Biggles   02-20-2008, 01:34 PM
beowulf Wrote:As exciting as constipation...

Good preparation for being a lawyer, which is as exciting as having hemorrhoids induced by constipation. You have my condolences.

Biggles   02-20-2008, 01:36 PM
phoenix rising Wrote:Thanks for clearing that up! I am no longer confused!!

Good for you! I am still confused, but not about that. :confused:

bones weep tedium   02-20-2008, 01:53 PM
I feel like I can be of great assistance in clearing up some of this confusion. Cool

FPW did indeed rip off "The Devil In Moccasains" when he wrote The Keep, but only in the creation of the character "Kaempffer The Limping Kanoodel", Glaeken/Glenn's comedy sidekick. All the other aspects of the novel; Molasar/Rasalom, The Keep itself, Poland and Nazis are entirely original creations by Wilson.

FPW was NOT influenced by LOTR, in fact he was Tolkien's ghostwriter during that project. Persistent rumours indicate that Tolkien's involvement in that project was restricted purely to the creation of Tom Bombadil, the rest of the novel attributable solely to Wilson.

Other pen-names frequently used by Wilson include Robert Ludlum, Jackie Chan, HP Lovecraft (the name under which Wilson also created the famously revolting condiment) and Ernest F. Spencer (for his stand up comedy routines).

I also have it on good authority (unfortunaltey I cannot reveal my source on this one) that Wilson Gave Rock 'n' Roll To Us.

I hope that cleared thigs up for everyone. :p
Attached Files
.jpg
hp-sauce060510.jpg (Size: 16.32 KB Downloads: 337)

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Pages (3):    1 2 3