Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
GeraldRice   04-26-2010, 05:19 PM
The Mad American Wrote:I like Bradshaw but I would not call him a good actor, he basically plays himself in whatever he does.

Tony Danza is okay as well but the same as Bradshaw, mostly just plays variations of himself.

Vinnie Jones is a good one. Seems like I am forgetting an obvious one. Still pondering this one. More to come, maybe.

I'm only counting pro. Or else I'd have to throw in Dwayne Johnson who I believe could one day find himself in Oscar contention (so long as he stays away from roles like "The Tooth Fairy").

Ooo. I got one. Terry Crewes. He didn play pro football and he is a GREAT comedic actor. I can easily see him transitioning into a serious role and getting some notice. I would say out of all athletes he has to be near the top of the list. Seriously. You might know him as the father from "Everybody Hates Chris" or from the movie "White Chicks".

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
The Mad American   04-26-2010, 05:27 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I'm only counting pro. Or else I'd have to throw in Dwayne Johnson who I believe could one day find himself in Oscar contention (so long as he stays away from roles like "The Tooth Fairy").

Ooo. I got one. Terry Crewes. He didn play pro football and he is a GREAT comedic actor. I can easily see him transitioning into a serious role and getting some notice. I would say out of all athletes he has to be near the top of the list. Seriously. You might know him as the father from "Everybody Hates Chris" or from the movie "White Chicks".

Don't forget Crewes AWESOME Old Spice commercial. "Who said that?" "Abbbbbdooominal!"

Okay, so the challenge is even tougher now. Pros only huh? Hmmm...smell the brain cells burning?

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

GeraldRice   04-26-2010, 05:31 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Don't forget Crewes AWESOME Old Spice commercial. "Who said that?" "Abbbbbdooominal!"

Okay, so the challenge is even tougher now. Pros only huh? Hmmm...smell the brain cells burning?

Haven't seen that. I'll have to look it up. The guy in the new Old Spice commercial was pretty good too. I'll watch for his eventual movie role to see how he does over the course of 90 minutes. He played pro a couple years too.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
The Mad American   04-26-2010, 05:33 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Haven't seen that. I'll have to look it up. The guy in the new Old Spice commercial was pretty good too. I'll watch for his eventual movie role to see how he does over the course of 90 minutes. He played pro a couple years too.

Yeah the "look at me, now look at your wife, now back to me...I have two tickets to that thing you love" that one? That commercial cracked me up. "I am riding a horse".

~ Red Buttons

The Mad American   04-26-2010, 05:39 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Haven't seen that. I'll have to look it up. The guy in the new Old Spice commercial was pretty good too. I'll watch for his eventual movie role to see how he does over the course of 90 minutes. He played pro a couple years too.

http://www.oldspice.com/videos/28/Flex_30/

Here you go. Didn't realize there was a whole series of them.

~ Red Buttons

The Mad American   04-27-2010, 11:57 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:Comedic actors who can do serous roles.... Jack Lemon was the best.

Athletes who became actors... Mickey Rourke, Randal "Tex" Cobb, Kris Kristofferson (boxed at Oxford, made it in Sport's Illustrated "Faces In The Crowd" for his achievements in collegiate rugby union, football, and track and field."
Buster Crabbe was a gold medalist.
And then there's Chuck Connor's (The Rifleman) who played baseball for the Chicago Cubs and the Brooklyn Dodgers. And basketball for the Boston Celtics.
[Image: comic_02.jpg]

Oh and I should say Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows. Wait til you see the end of season 2......

Great call on Chuck Connor, slipped my mind somehow.

But as for Mickey Rourke, I believe he went the other direction didn't he? He was an actor, tried his hand at boxing, I say tried because he was awful...really really bad, then went back to acting after he figured out he had no skill for boxing. Or did he do something before that that I am not aware of?

~ Red Buttons

Scott Miller   04-27-2010, 12:03 PM
ImDeranged Wrote:Comedic actors who can do serous roles.... Jack Lemon was the best.

Athletes who became actors... Mickey Rourke, Randal "Tex" Cobb, Kris Kristofferson (boxed at Oxford, made it in Sport's Illustrated "Faces In The Crowd" for his achievements in collegiate rugby union, football, and track and field."
Buster Crabbe was a gold medalist.
And then there's Chuck Connor's (The Rifleman) who played baseball for the Chicago Cubs and the Brooklyn Dodgers. And basketball for the Boston Celtics.
[Image: comic_02.jpg]

Oh and I should say Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows. Wait til you see the end of season 2......

Looking forward to seeing it.

Some others Johnny Weismueller, Bob Uecker, Carl Weathers, Alex Karras, Merlin Olson, and Mary Lou Retton.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
GeraldRice   04-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Carl Weathers. Good one. The closest he got to Oscar was Apollo Creed, though. I'd say, though, the guy was/is a natural.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
colburn0004   04-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Love how the series is going now. The last couple episodes have been brilliant. The scene last week with walt looking at the baby crying you could just feel the pain in his face. I absolutely think he deserves another Emmy. Next weeks episode looks like it will be another amazing one. Anyone else absolutely hate Walter JR? They seem to try to make him be a steriotypical teenager when even his character is supposed to be like 16 or 17(looks 25) But the kid is so whiney.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
The Mad American   04-27-2010, 01:48 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:Love how the series is going now. The last couple episodes have been brilliant. The scene last week with walt looking at the baby crying you could just feel the pain in his face. I absolutely think he deserves another Emmy. Next weeks episode looks like it will be another amazing one. Anyone else absolutely hate Walter JR? They seem to try to make him be a steriotypical teenager when even his character is supposed to be like 16 or 17(looks 25) But the kid is so whiney.

I am still pretty new to the series and still getting caught up but yeah I agree about Walt Jr. At first he seemed to be sympathetic character but now he iw really wearing thin and coming across as whiney.

~ Red Buttons

Pages (4):    1 2 3 4