fpw   12-13-2007, 09:52 AM
[SIZE="3"]Hell, I've been doing this with my books for decades.[/SIZE]

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/a...y-for.aspx

[SIZE="3"](be patient...it takes a while to load)[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Blake   12-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Cool. I didn't realize how much those films cross-reference each other.

I think my favorite cross-reference is from Raiders of the Lost Ark. R2-D2 and C-3PO appear in hieroglyphics in the Well of the Souls.

I also used to like the Alien skull that showed up near the end of Predator 2, but those new AvP movies kinda ruined it for me....

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Blake   12-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Just thought of another one. The pod from 2001: A Space Odyssey shows up in Watto's junkyard in The Phantom Menace.

And now that I think about it, a Millennium Falcon model was used as a building in Blade Runner. It's standing upright without the cockpit, and the camera looks down on it from above, so it's hard to spot if you don't know what you're looking for.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Ken Valentine   12-13-2007, 10:11 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Hell, I've been doing this with my books for decades.[/SIZE]

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/a...y-for.aspx

[SIZE="3"](be patient...it takes a while to load)[/SIZE]

We know, and we've had a lot of fun looking for them.

I've often wondered whether Ben Prather (in WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS) may have had some relationship -- no matter how distant -- to Ozimandius Prather.

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   12-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Blake Wrote:Just thought of another one. The pod from 2001: A Space Odyssey shows up in Watto's junkyard in The Phantom Menace.

And now that I think about it, a Millennium Falcon model was used as a building in Blade Runner. It's standing upright without the cockpit, and the camera looks down on it from above, so it's hard to spot if you don't know what you're looking for.

Blake

And a couple more:

1. Could the name Anakin (as in Skywalker) have been some sort of tribute to Ken Annakin who directed the outdoor scenes in THE LONGEST DAY, and also (among other films) directed THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN AND THEIR FLYING MACHINES.

2. In Raiders: The Last Crusade, it is said that "Indiana" was the name of the family dog. It seems that George Lucas had a Malamute named Indiana when he was a young man.

Ken V.
Silverfish   12-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Hey, wasn't Lucas' dog "Indiana" also the inspiration for Chewbacca?

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Ken Valentine   12-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Silverfish Wrote:

Don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was.

Ken V.
fpw   12-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:We know, and we've had a lot of fun looking for them.

I've often wondered whether Ben Prather (in WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS) may have had some relationship -- no matter how distant -- to Ozimandius Prather.

Ken V.
[SIZE="3"]Yikes. I didn't know I'd reused the name. (Where's the Coocordance/Compendium'whatever???)[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
scrappyblue   08-03-2009, 03:24 PM
fpw Wrote:Yikes. I didn't know I'd reused the name. (Where's the Coocordance/Compendium'whatever???)

I just finished reading Wheels Within Wheels and noticed the Prather name in it ... thought to myself "there he goes again with the crossovers" ... haha funny to see now that it was unintentional lol
subconscious working overtime there FPW?

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. ~Luciano de Crescenzo

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" ~ Albert Einstein
bones weep tedium   08-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Silverfish Wrote:

I've heard that somewhere or another too. Smile

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."